Opinions on Atlanta?

What is your opinion on the city of Atlanta and the in-town suburbs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Boy, the urban vs rural divided in this state is telling. It's probably representative of a lot of other cities and states. I'm sure the people in rural parts of Texas, Missouri, Washington, Massachusetts , Florida would also think that Dallas, St. Louis, Seattle, Boston, Maimi are like Detroit.

Boy, the urban vs rural divided in this state is telling. It's probably representative of a lot of other cities and states. I'm sure the people in rural parts of Texas, Missouri, Washington, Massachusetts , Florida would also think that Dallas, St. Louis, Seattle, Boston, Maimi are like Detroit.

Indeed. Neither side much understands the other, probably never will. The best we can hope for is that we all stop thinking those differences in thought are because the other side is so evil.

Indeed. Neither side much understands the other, probably never will. The best we can hope for is that we all stop thinking those differences in thought are because the other side is so evil.

I think a lot of the difference is also due to the fact that they never interact with each other and only get their opinions of one another on their preferred media outlets and social networks.

I give my liberal friends a hard time about this as well. For example, I argued with them that all of the protests like the Women's March after Trump was elected would have been more impactful if they happened in Cumming instead of downtown Atlanta or in Bakersfield instead of Los Angeles.

I think a lot of the difference is also due to the fact that they never interact with each other and only get their opinions of one another on their preferred media outlets and social networks.

I give my liberal friends a hard time about this as well. For example, I argued with them that all of the protests like the Women's March after Trump was elected would have been more impactful if they happened in Cumming instead of downtown Atlanta or in Bakersfield instead of Los Angeles.

Or if they had a coherent message or a good reason for protesting.

With the way things are now, I think it's about time for Georgia to be split into two states to separate "Atlanta" from the rest.

Back
Top Bottom