• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions on Atlanta?

What is your opinion on the city of Atlanta and the in-town suburbs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Boy, the urban vs rural divided in this state is telling. It's probably representative of a lot of other cities and states. I'm sure the people in rural parts of Texas, Missouri, Washington, Massachusetts , Florida would also think that Dallas, St. Louis, Seattle, Boston, Maimi are like Detroit.
The urban vs rural divide is definitely not limited to the state of ga
2016_Nationwide_US_presidential_county_map_shaded_by_vote_share.svg.png

One of the biggest reasons the City of Atlanta is not well liked by the rest of the state is because if the city has a problem, they feel the need for there to be a law/regulation imposed by the state onto the entire state to correct their problem.

Georgia's obscene number of counties has a big influence on that problem. Second only to Texas. And the argument works in reverse as well.

I was born in Carrollton,
Grew up in Atlanta, from ages 4 to 14, where Northside Drive and I-75 meet.
A neighborhood park with a field big enough to play baseball, a creek with wildlife & clean enough to drink out of (45 years ago).
Lots of woods, cliffs to climb, (I was a kid, maybe 30 ft. banks) COOL place...
We could follow the creek for miles past Piedmont hospital and never cross a street.
Good times... but Atlanta is just a landmark now, point of reference, no interest in any part of it...
It's libs, or real estate...

btw I voted...
A Country Boy can Survive, don't mind city folk but just don't want to go there.

Back
Top Bottom