• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Osprey 9 or osprey 45?

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
I'm sold. I will be getting it tomorrow. What would you guys choose? I'd never go higher than 9mm but someone told me to get the 45 to be versatile... They said the db between the 2 using 9mm host is so few that the naked ear won't beable to tell.

Last edited:
Awesome, I hope I'm not making a mistake. Its not user serviceable but I heard you can run thousands upon thousands and send it to Silencerco for cleaning.

Dawsonville gun and pawn hooked me up.

If you don't shoot cast lead or 22lr through it, you should be alright for a ridiculous amount of time, the Osprey has a massive amount of volume. Jacketed centerfire rounds just aren't leaving tons of debris. Worse comes to worse, send it to Silencerco for a checkup and cleaning.

If you truly never plan to shoot above 9mm, then do the 9mm, why add the extra length for things you'll never use? unless your shooting full auto 9mm(osprey 9 is not full auto rated for 9mm, Osprey45 is full auto rated for 9mm).

Dawsonville gun and pawn hooked me up.

If you don't shoot cast lead or 22lr through it, you should be alright for a ridiculous amount of time, the Osprey has a massive amount of volume. Jacketed centerfire rounds just aren't leaving tons of debris. Worse comes to worse, send it to Silencerco for a checkup and cleaning.

If you truly never plan to shoot above 9mm, then do the 9mm, why add the extra length for things you'll never use? unless your shooting full auto 9mm(osprey 9 is not full auto rated for 9mm, Osprey45 is full auto rated for 9mm).

Yeah that's what I was wondering too. To me, a 9mm is cheaper and still can kill. Capacity is more and did I mention its cheaper? Full auto, I will never get to experienced because I just don't make enough to just throw $15k on a single item unless its a car. I guess I don't love guns that much yet hahahha. Do you know if osprey 9mm is rated for subsonic rifle ammo?

Yeah that's what I was wondering too. To me, a 9mm is cheaper and still can kill. Capacity is more and did I mention its cheaper? Full auto, I will never get to experienced because I just don't make enough to just throw $15k on a single item unless its a car. I guess I don't love guns that much yet hahahha. Do you know if osprey 9mm is rated for subsonic rifle ammo?

A slidefire on my 9mm AR is going to take advantage of that full auto rating!

Back
Top Bottom