• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OTR Microwave install foul up

less expensive too!

Yup, especially since I have several scrap pieces of it sitting in “that corner” of the garage where everything gets saved for occasions such as this which ends with a cocky smile, my hands on my hips and my chest puffed out, telling my wife, “and that is why I save all that ‘crap’ as you like to call it!”

probably be easier to move the bracket forward the thickness of the tile. if you have to replace that one you may be stuck looking at cut tile

This is what I’ve done….brought the top out just enough to match the bottom.

I figured that the next microwave would be short again and that would expose where I cut the tile…

The spacer approach is attractive for its simplicity. Would you just use a strip where the bracket mounts or add one of the top as well? There's still the problem of drilling through the tile for the lag bolts and it will be through the center of the tiles so if they crack it will be visible. Ho hum nothing but problems when you're cheap.

I would TRY whatever I was most comfortable doing. It's only tile and it can be replaced. You're not doing brain surgery !!! Post some pictures so us folks can point you in the right direction !!! :cool:

The spacer approach is attractive for its simplicity. Would you just use a strip where the bracket mounts or add one of the top as well? There's still the problem of drilling through the tile for the lag bolts and it will be through the center of the tiles so if they crack it will be visible. Ho hum nothing but problems when you're cheap.
Is the bracket in a way you can run the bolts through a different spot in the bracket? Just drill a couple holes in the bracket and run them through a couple inches higher than where they are?

Is the bracket in a way you can run the bolts through a different spot in the bracket? Just drill a couple holes in the bracket and run them through a couple inches higher than where they are?
Not as far as I can tell, the stock holes are at the top of the bracket which isn't very deep. I need to pull the old unit out and start measuring.

Back
Top Bottom