• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Out of state inheritance

Good point, but it only takes one time....

Kind of like saying, I have never been robbed, so therefore I don't need to carry a firearm to protect myself.

So I will concede NY, I didn’t bring my ARs or pistols, those stayed with my parents. But if I were pulled over what would a law enforcement agent say? I don’t understand how ignorance of the law is still punishable, but when law enforcement is ignorant of the law there are no repercussions. I have to prove I own something? That’s insane.

So I will concede NY, I didn’t bring my ARs or pistols, those stayed with my parents. But if I were pulled over what would a law enforcement agent say? I don’t understand how ignorance of the law is still punishable, but when law enforcement is ignorant of the law there are no repercussions. I have to prove I own something? That’s insane.

I agree. But proving something with documents in lieu of having to fight it in court is a wise move. You get in one of the liberal states or get a PO that doesn't know the law can cause you a lot of headaches. Some simple prevention might go a long way. It doesn't matter how much the law may be on your side, when you are pulled over, the officer is in charge and is the law until a judge corrects him in court.

Rosewood

Lemme give you an example of stupid a cop can be. In an agency in SC, a patrol officer illegally searched a man's trunk, found a shotgun in a locked case, and charged the man with carrying a concealed weapon. Seized the shotgun too. The command staff had to beg the man to not sure the city. Cops are dumb as ****.

Fly out rent a suburban or van to drive back after the inheritance clears probate .
No states in between have any laws prohibiting you from driving through with weapons you own ,That are unloaded and stored.
Or you could rent a trailer large enough and lock it , be respectful if stopped and consent to no searches nor offer up any information except I inherited some personal items from a relative and I would rather not talk about it im still grieving ,please respect my loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom