• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Outdoor Ranges??

Creekside in Cartersville. Right by the power plant

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have been a member of creekside for 2 years, did not renew my member ship because I had a daughter and didn't have the time. Returned a year later with a buddy to shoot rifles as I can shoot pistols in my backyard. That was the first time I met the owner..... Straight piece of $#|+, I vowed I would never put food on his table again.

I have been a member of creekside for 2 years, did not renew my member ship because I had a daughter and didn't have the time. Returned a year later with a buddy to shoot rifles as I can shoot pistols in my backyard. That was the first time I met the owner..... Straight piece of $#|+, I vowed I would never put food on his table again.
Can you elaborate?

Sure, like I said I was a member he got an attitude with me when I asked if I had to sign the rules again being as how my membership had just lapsed a few months prior. He got an attitude and said yes. Ok so he's having a bad day or whatever. No sweat off my back. Then we had to pick up our stands which are different than when I was last there. They are laid out right outside of the door. So if you are going to the rifle range you have to drive right by them. I guess I screwed up by thinking and figured as we where driving by, stop and pick up both stands. So my buddy stops his truck just past the office and I walk around the back of the truck to put both stands in the bed of the truck. Owner walks out of the office snarling saying we couldn't park there and needed to keep it moving. There was a Tacoma driving out but it's not like we were taking our time or anything heck I was working at 2nd at the time and trying to get on and out so I could test an ar10 I built. This day was the first day I ever met the owner I had always dealt with Fred who used to run the place. But told by friends buddy was an A$$ hat. So when we go to leave I had a few pieces of cardboard left over and I was going to leave it with him so someone else could use it. He raised his voice to me saying he didn't want my garbage. It took everything in my power to keep my mouth shut knowing nothing good was going to come out of it. Hope it all makes sense as I am typing this at work. By the way there was a younger fella working the counter who verified he was the owner. He was a nice guy and I had no issues with him. Just the owner. And I will not put any food on his plate again. It's a shame because I enjoyed the place because during the week was the only time I could go and almost always had the place to myself.

River Bend Gun Club is just off hwy20 in the Jasper,Dawsonville area. It's on the east side of Canton. I live in Acworth and it's about a 40 minute drive for me but well worth the investment. That have Steel buffalo silhouette on the 400 yard range and then a 600 yard range when you feel like really stretching it out. Of course the have a 100 yard range and a 200 yard range. Also every type of pistol range you can imagine. Also a plinking range for rim fire guns and you set up any targets you like except for glass.

They also have 3 gun competitions and you don't have to be a pro to participate. They have a Cowboy town built that they host a national 6 gun competition every year with a big indoor facility for gatherings and they are open to the members for use.

I know it sounds like a long drive but it's one of those ranges that you spend half a day at. You will want to bring two or three rifles, two or three handguns. I like knocking down the plates with handguns. They also have wooden stands to hang cardboard targets for shooting on the move or multiple threat engagements.

They also have shotgun hill for skeet and trap shooting and stands in the woods to simulate wooded hunts. Grouse, turkey ect. ect.. It really has something for every one to utilize. It's rated as on of the top 5 outdoor ranges in the united states. I think is sitting on something like 400 acres of land.

Dues are 300 yearly and a 1000 one time entry fee that is pro rated by month. So you make out a little better at the end of the year. You have to have two members vouch for you and you have to take a 2-3 hour course on range etiquette which includes a golf cart ride over the ground so they can familiarize you with all the ranges and there are a lot and I mean a lot.

The rules a stringent and the other members will not hesitate to scold you if you are not paying attention and slip up. I like that because I have kids and safety is first and foremost and that is their intention. That is to keep a safe and fun range that everyone can enjoy without some idiot muzzle sweeping everyone on the range. You can even park a camper out there if you wish to stay a couple of days or just want to keep it there for a while to enjoy when you go. The is always a big fifth wheel camper there that just sits there for when the guy returns.

Needless to say it's a range like no other in Georgia. There is a short waiting list but it doesn't take long to get in. It's the Ritz Carlton of the outdoor ranges. I just did a google search and it is exactly 39.3 miles from you. Not a bad drive. It takes a little longer than 39 minutes to get to but it's not bad.

I've shot there a few times and never had any problems myself but I have heard him be a complete jerk to someone else for pretty much nothing.

I've shot there a few times and never had any problems myself but I have heard him be a complete jerk to someone else for pretty much nothing.

Yea it was like he was actually looking for a fight. I'm going to try adairsville gun and range as I shot there before creekside but they went private maybe 5-7 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom