• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Outlet shopping malls for Brit ladies

Southlake Mall and Belvedere Plaza.

Belevedere Plaza does in some form.

I grew up about a mile from there, and I won't go there on a bet. My late mother loved the crappie Chinese restaurant right down Memorial Drive in the old Hickory House.

I had to go the Autozone across from there one night, late, and I took two guns, seriously. I'm no snowflake, but I'm pretty sure I could have purchased a vast selection of pharmaceuticals from the crowd hanging around out front.

I have no idea if those still exist

How cost effective is it to buy a bunch of stuff here then hope it fits in your checked luggage to get it back to the UK and Austria? Are they saving that much money.

They could.

"Back in the day" when you could fly Icelandic Air for $199, I had college friends who paid for a long trip by packing a bag with new genuine Levi's. Whose to say they are not for personal wear.

The few stuff that is still iconic American and not made in China will sell for good premiums.

As I recall, many of the prices we saw in Britain looked pretty fair until you reminded yourself that the prices were in Pounds and not Dollars ... with a current exchange rate of $1.30 to 1 Pound ... 10 Pounds = $13 ...
So, getting a 30% discount isn't something to sneeze at! That, plus many "American Brands" are more expensive there, to begin with.

I know that my Mexican workers regularly buy their wives and children's clothes/shoes here and ship them home because they are much more expensive in Mexico.
Also if you go to most stores with your Brit passport they give you another 10/15% off

How cost effective is it to buy a bunch of stuff here then hope it fits in your checked luggage to get it back to the UK and Austria? Are they saving that much money.

I'm travelling to Turkey this month and my son said 'bring an empty suitcase' but that's because the USD is pretty strong there and everything is relatively inexpensive anyway.

And in for pics of your lady friends...
Not much to buy in Turkey

I'm travelling to Turkey this month and my son said 'bring an empty suitcase' but that's because the USD is pretty strong there and everything is relatively inexpensive anyway.

And in for pics of your lady friends...

Attachments

• CC3B898D-D4AC-4E81-B612-D63269270EEF.png
    CC3B898D-D4AC-4E81-B612-D63269270EEF.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 58
Ya'll, I have two females flying in for Thanksgiving. They have done this for 5 yrs now......they hire a car and drive all over GA outlet shopping.
I'm close to Dawsonville outlet and they go to that one.
Can you let me know what else is out there in your area......driving time isn't an issue as last year one day they were out 15 hours in one day

Thanks
Brit

If they are harcore liberal and believe in the government paying for health care tell them to save the money on shopping here and do it all in the UK and pay the built 28% tax on everything. Then take them to a gun range and let blast off little freedom.

I say skip the shopping all together and just go shooting the whole time they are here.

If they are harcore liberal and believe in the government paying for health care tell them to save the money on shopping here and do it all in the UK and pay the built 28% tax on everything. Then take them to a gun range and let blast off little freedom.

I say skip the shopping all together and just go shooting the whole time they are here.
One would !

Back
Top Bottom