• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Palmetto state armory bcg help!

AWW34

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
So we are assembling a PSA rifle for the father in law for xmas this year. We ordered one of their black Friday deals and ordered their 9310 bcg to go with it. I put the bcg in the upper and I noticed their is a gap, that is not present on any AR rifle I've ever seen. curious if yall have seen this? It seems to all function, though I haven't fired it. It was pretty stiff at first, though it's smoothed out a good bit the more I manually cycle the bolt. So, am I missing something here? Is this something yall have seen? Just want to make sure he's not getting something defective . thanks!

20161211_141002.jpg

So we are assembling a PSA rifle for the father in law for xmas this year. We ordered one of their black Friday deals and ordered their 9310 bcg to go with it. I put the bcg in the upper and I noticed their is a gap, that is not present on any AR rifle I've ever seen. curious if yall have seen this? It seems to all function, though I haven't fired it. It was pretty stiff at first, though it's smoothed out a good bit the more I manually cycle the bolt. So, am I missing something here? Is this something yall have seen? Just want to make sure he's not getting something defective . thanks!

View attachment 992324

Sorry for the upside down picture

the full auto bcg's gonna have a bigger gap but none of mine are that big. I don't own a PSA bcg though so i can't compare same brand. I'd test it out for my Pops

Definitely plan on shooting it before handing it over. I have one of their premium bcg, and it doesn't look that way. it even has some fancy looking design. it doesn't look like your plain Jane milspec bcg. I'll get some more pics up. it's kinda baffling. it doesn't seem that it would affect anything..

Definitely plan on shooting it before handing it over. I have one of their premium bcg, and it doesn't look that way. it even has some fancy looking design. it doesn't look like your plain Jane milspec bcg. I'll get some more pics up. it's kinda baffling. it doesn't seem that it would affect anything..
When i pulled up your model (9310), the pic looked different on psa?

So here's some more pictures. The rear bcg is colt. it looks like they cut some material to the rear of where the gas key sits. And you can kinda see the fancy design they went with instead of the more traditional rounded style.

20161211_144808.jpg
20161211_144916.jpg
20161211_144928.jpg

None of my BCG's look like that. I have a few PSA's as well, Premium and Freedom lines, but both are full auto profiles. Maybe they are doing something cheaper now or just different now. Choot it, see what happens. These are all full auto BCG's in the pics.
20161211_152223.jpg 20161211_152259.jpg 20161211_152325.jpg 20161211_152400.jpg

You can definitively tell which ones the Colt by the staking.

PSA has been screwing the pooch lately. I doubt a safety issue exists, but who knows how far down the food chain they have to source to be able to sell $79 bcgs.

You can definitively tell which ones the Colt by the staking.

PSA has been screwing the pooch lately. I doubt a safety issue exists, but who knows how far down the food chain they have to source to be able to sell $79 bcgs.

Yeah, it's definitely obvious.

I looked around PSA site. I found a bcg that has the strange flat cut profile. But it is a nitride BCG. This one looks parkerized to me. I guess I'll put a few rounds through it and see how it does. Doesn't seem to me there would be any safety issues , at least theoretically as I think about it. It may vent all the excess gasses out of the side, which would kind of be a plus.

Yeah, it's definitely obvious.

I looked around PSA site. I found a bcg that has the strange flat cut profile. But it is a nitride BCG. This one looks parkerized to me. I guess I'll put a few rounds through it and see how it does. Doesn't seem to me there would be any safety issues , at least theoretically as I think about it. It may vent all the excess gasses out of the side, which would kind of be a plus.

As long as the bolt locks in, I bet it's fine.

Personally, I think I'm done with anything made by PSA. Whatever quality exists has taken a nosedive and QC seems non existent.

Back
Top Bottom