• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Paperwork sent back for corrections-ATF=WTF?

Kaotiktribe

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
137   0
Reaction score
Well when i got home yesterday and checked the mail i had 2 letters from the ATF. I thought well crap did i fill out my last 2 stamps incorrectly. I opened the first and noticed i forgot to put the full trust name in a spot. No biggie already waiting on others and forever anyways.

Now this is where it got weird. I opened the 2nd letter addressed to me and when i looked at what was incorrect i noticed that it wasnt my application, name, or anything. Its an SBR application from someone in Marietta. Now is the ATF branch that swamped with apps that their sending out incorrect personnal information out to random people. Atleast they got the same state.........

I will contact the ATF office today to tell them they're dumb(in not those words exactly), but should i contact the individual to let him know the ATF sent me his paperwork.......courtesy?? I'd wanna know, as i'd be pissed!!

I hate to stick up for the ATF... but from what I understand there's like 10 people there who do all the 40,000 or so apps a year. Can't say I'm surprised they get mixed up once in a while.

I had almost the opposite experience with them. I had forgotten to attach the trust schedules to my SBR app, and was out of town when the ATF called to ask me to send them.

When I called back, the examiner told me she had remembered seeing my silencer application go buy a month before, and so she just copied the schedules from that and sent my SBR form on for approval.

For a bunch of overworked bureaucrats, they certainly seem to be pretty nice folks in person.

Last edited:
So thats why they are taking 9 months to stick a stamp on my pieces of paper that I send them, they keep giving them out to the wrong people.

Yes! Who knows how often this happens and how much of the delay is actually mishandleing of paperwork on their end. Addresses, phone numbers, trust info, and rifle info of yours may be sitting in some random guys mail box.

I would be willing to bet if you call/contact the other person, they will pitch a fit with the atf then your application(s) will probably be denied. I know if I worked for them and it was my mistake and you got me in trouble, I'd tie your stuff up for years!

Well when i got home yesterday and checked the mail i had 2 letters from the ATF. I thought well crap did i fill out my last 2 stamps incorrectly. I opened the first and noticed i forgot to put the full trust name in a spot. No biggie already waiting on others and forever anyways.

Now this is where it got weird. I opened the 2nd letter addressed to me and when i looked at what was incorrect i noticed that it wasnt my application, name, or anything. Its an SBR application from someone in Marietta. Now is the ATF branch that swamped with apps that their sending out incorrect personnal information out to random people. Atleast they got the same state.........

I will contact the ATF office today to tell them they're dumb(in not those words exactly), but should i contact the individual to let him know the ATF sent me his paperwork.......courtesy?? I'd wanna know, as i'd be pissed!!

I didn't happen to say Matthew Durden did it lol?

I woulda just made the correction for him and sent it back with a letter to them talkin bout how I fixed it and now I want a job cause I'm so good at it.

Last edited:
How did someone else information go to your address? All mails that NFA sends out, they just fold the application so that your trust info shows thru the evenlope. Unless you meant there was another application stuck wit yours in there.

Back
Top Bottom