• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Passed up a sale?

I was contacted by the MD State police a few years ago.
A pistol I had sold on ODT was confiscated by them. They just wanted to know if I knew it was gone.
If you told them you lost it I wonder if they would have eventually given it back to you. Then sell it again for double profit lol.

If you told them you lost it I wonder if they would have eventually given it back to you. Then sell it again for double profit lol.
I went through a similar situation. Don't think I'm getting it back :lol:

TLDR: gun I sold here about 3 years ago was recovered in ATL by local PD. They contacted me as they still had me listed as the owner because I bought from an FFL. They never said if it was used in a crime or anything. I told them I'd sold it and never heard back since. I was sorta hoping I would but it's probably been destroyed or still in an evidence locker.

I went through a similar situation. Don't think I'm getting it back :lol:

TLDR: gun I sold here about 3 years ago was recovered in ATL by local PD. They contacted me as they still had me listed as the owner because I bought from an FFL. They never said if it was used in a crime or anything. I told them I'd sold it and never heard back since. I was sorta hoping I would but it's probably been destroyed or still in an evidence locker.
Or went home with one of the cops ! lol 😂

Had a guy tell me last week, if I could meet this Monday or Tuesday he wanted it for a backup weapon. I pm'ed him in the last couple of days and no answer back, Just tired of deadbeat and no answering back, hell just tell me you don't want it, it's so much better that way.

I recently turned down an offer to buy because something felt off with posts, profile.
Dude stated he has cash, wants to buy. But didn't have carry permit. I'll occasionally waive that requirement if it's a well established member with several positive feedbacks going each way.
Their posts were all I got cash , ill buy it. All over the state, all different sizes of pistols.

Something didn't sit right with me so I politely declined. Anyone else pass up a sale or am I just paranoid?
ye sir! got to location, car was full of young people, and pit smoke!
had permit, ga license,
but didn’t feel right!

Back
Top Bottom