• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Passing a School Bus - Lesson Learned

You have to be specific as to who what when, and mostly what department you want the evidence to come from.
Yes I know some what defence attorneys ask for, but I also know what the courts allow. You ask for the wrong thing you get the wrong thing.
Yes you can argue anything, doesn't mean that is what the court will except. And the dance continues... LOL
this is before court, ORR gives the request recipient 72 hours to comply (with either the documents or to let you know its in processing)

yes, it is a dead end a good number of the time. and yes, i know i can argue anything, because we have to argue to get folks to do their job in the first place lmfao

this is before court, ORR gives the request recipient 72 hours to comply (with either the documents or to let you know its in processing)

yes, it is a dead end a good number of the time. and yes, i know i can argue anything, because we have to argue to get folks to do their job in the first place lmfao
Sometimes...

To be specific, I requested the dash cam video from the officer's patrol car and was told by open records that his car was not equipped with a dash cam and no video exists. All of this is documented in an email. I do feel like I got off pretty easy considering all things, but you can imagine my surprise the day before I am going to court that there is indeed a dash cam video and the solicitor is viewing it as she is talking with me. It would have settled a lot of things for me if I had seen it myself well in advance. As for the situation as a whole, I feel like I got off pretty easy considering all things and am glad the solicitor and judge were willing to hear my side of the story and cut me some slack. I am not someone who has a history of reckless driving. I was ready to hire an attorney and fight for lesser charges if they refused to work with me at all so I am glad I didn't have to go that route. More than anything, I am just glad the whole thing is over. Nothing like the pressure of just having a new baby on the 4th with this ticket looming over my head. With that said, here is something to smile about:

Karina Lisette.jpg

I never did get to see the dash cam video. I submitted an open records request for the video and was told there was no video, so I pressed them and asked if they simply did not have the video yet or if it didn't exist period. They came back and said that the officer's patrol car was not equipped with a dash cam and that there was no video for my traffic stop. I took their word for it. I had that email exchange printed and had it with me when I went to court. I wish now that I would have shown it to the judge. If they would have simply told me back in November that they didn't have the video yet but to check back with them I would have been fine with it, but they blatantly lied to me.

Oh, of course... when you request dashcam footage, it always has a way of "disappearing" or "not being on that particular vehicle."

So is it a regular bus stop? Were there kids on the bus? Anyway, mistake made, own it get an attorney or go to court is ok! I have a lot of experience haha couple of experiences went well:
#1 1982, downtown Louisville, 62mph in a 25mph limit. Speeding, wreckless driving. Was lookin at $1500 fine, points, increased insurance. Paid an attorney $150, I didn't even have to go to court, went to DUI School (I wasn't drinking) no points.
#2 2011, little town in Tennessee, 73mph in a 40. Went to court. Judge said get no tickets for next 6 months and I would get no ticket. $40 court costs and he thanked me for my honesty
#3 2015, rural South Georgia, 74 in a 55, coming back from a day at the range (Olympia Bend-great range) pulled over by a 6'7" trooper, super speeder, guns everywhere on me and in the car. He checked me out, gave me a verbal warning, real nice guy
#4 2015, same route from Olympia Bend, 77 in 55, sheriff this time, reduced it to 68 and after talking for a a bit said he felt really bad for giving me a ticket, I laughed saying he cut me a big break, he was doing doing his job and I was doing wrong. Told him I appreciated his service, another nice guy.
Judge used discretion, the trooper and sheriff used discretion. I think they respected my honesty, not arguing, my total respect for them, politeness, no excuses. I paid my fines, I owned it. No big deal, met some good people too

Would still piss me add about them lying.
Imagine that. A police dept worker lying

I'd request it again. In writing and if they deny it. Again on attorney letterhead

Too bad you didint record the phone call of the police dept worker lying to you on the phone

Would still piss me add about them lying.
Imagine that. A police dept worker lying

I'd request it again. In writing and if they deny it. Again on attorney letterhead

Too bad you didint record the phone call of the police dept worker lying to you on the phone
It was a written request and I have it saved. At this point it isn't worth fighting anymore.

So is it a regular bus stop? Were there kids on the bus? Anyway, mistake made, own it get an attorney or go to court is ok! I have a lot of experience haha couple of experiences went well:
#1 1982, downtown Louisville, 62mph in a 25mph limit. Speeding, wreckless driving. Was lookin at $1500 fine, points, increased insurance. Paid an attorney $150, I didn't even have to go to court, went to DUI School (I wasn't drinking) no points.
#2 2011, little town in Tennessee, 73mph in a 40. Went to court. Judge said get no tickets for next 6 months and I would get no ticket. $40 court costs and he thanked me for my honesty
#3 2015, rural South Georgia, 74 in a 55, coming back from a day at the range (Olympia Bend-great range) pulled over by a 6'7" trooper, super speeder, guns everywhere on me and in the car. He checked me out, gave me a verbal warning, real nice guy
#4 2015, same route from Olympia Bend, 77 in 55, sheriff this time, reduced it to 68 and after talking for a a bit said he felt really bad for giving me a ticket, I laughed saying he cut me a big break, he was doing doing his job and I was doing wrong. Told him I appreciated his service, another nice guy.
Judge used discretion, the trooper and sheriff used discretion. I think they respected my honesty, not arguing, my total respect for them, politeness, no excuses. I paid my fines, I owned it. No big deal, met some good people too

Hell no, your supposed to whine gripe and complain about harassment. And yell to the cops "AM I BEEING DETAINED". That's the way it's done around here.

ya for real

state traffic laws do not trump the law of physics

i never understood that stop for pedestrians waiting to enter a crosswalk. they should wait till traffic is clear and then proceed like i learned growing up. look both ways, wait till it is clear, proceed.

even if the car in front of you stops to let you go the guy behind them could hit them from behind forcing the front car into the pedestrian. i would wait a foot away from the curb myself and then walk when it is free and clear

Ever walked in NY city? Good luck

Oh, of course... when you request dashcam footage, it always has a way of "disappearing" or "not being on that particular vehicle."

This is the truth.

Amazing how many videos in contested cases are "inadvertently erased (or "recorded over") or the "camera was not activated." I've been told that when I KNEW that the camera was wired into the blue lights and activated when the lights were activated. Guess I just look stupid.

Back
Top Bottom