• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Passports and the IRS.

I had heard the same rumor but as someone else posted- unless you owe a truckload of money and are already on the IRS radar I wouldn't worry.

My son and I got our passports back in September at the post office in McDonough- it was a one stop shop. They took the pictures and we had downloaded and filled out our forms before we got there, they did require a money order for the fees but sold them there. Whole process took about 20 minutes for the two of us.
We didn't get the cards, just the book as we were going to Europe; I don't plan on going to Mexico or Canada anytime soon.

The only thing that made me nervous was that they take your original birth certificate and send it off; you get it back separately when your passport comes in the mail.
I think we got ours in less than 4 weeks.

Renewed my passport and card last fall...4th renewal of my life.
No problems and was returned within 2 1/2 weeks.

I always get the passport card...a good backup in case the book gets lost/stolen. Kept in my wallet.
Also carry a Trusted Traveler card.
And I keep the expired book inside my luggage when traveling overseas.
We travel alot...

The IRS can block your passport application AFTER you've accumulated $51,000 of debt owed to the IRS for which you have been served with a notice of tax lien.

It's called "seriously delinquent tax debt."

Thinking of running away are ya????

Last minute trip to London I couldn’t get out of. I have avoided having a passport the last 14years so I wouldn’t get stuck getting sent to some of the ****hole countries we work in. This time my boss wasn’t having it.

On a plus side my employer paid for everything.

Back
Top Bottom