• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Peaceful March on Capitols of Each State

Did it and drug my daughter along here are some pics of some people who cared enough to show up:

i48.tinypic.com_1f8ro3.jpg

i49.tinypic.com_2vvw6yf.jpg

i50.tinypic.com_9kw9ir.jpg

i45.tinypic.com_jtq5hi.jpg

i48.tinypic.com_ebaty0.jpg

i50.tinypic.com_nbrkih.jpg

i49.tinypic.com_67842d.jpg

i45.tinypic.com_mrsaag.jpg

Was a pretty good turnout. To be honest i expected less people to be there. Glad to know i am not alone in my thoughts.

Btw props for the upcoming canidate for senator rocking the ar! Got his speech on video

I was there! The last four photos are my evidence! It was a good rally but there was something strange missing.....media... Not that we needed it but it goes to show how much they try to cover us all up. If you do see a news report tonight on TV I bet you it wasn't more than a minute long.

minimal police right outside the steps of the Capitol. Maybe 5 officers, 1 or 2 with their rifles...I could tell you the crowd outnumbered them with rifles...some cops on the streets but they weren't a factor at all throughout the day. Never tried to interrupt or make any contact or anything. I think most of them were in the same boat as the crowd but still had to do their job.

One of the cops standing back towards the steps was actually standing on our side of the fence and I heard him in Conversation say "that's why I'm standing here and not over there with the other guys. If I wasn't working this is where I'd be anywas." was a pretty good turn out.

This gentleman gave a forceful speech that stirred the crowd up a good bit. Great natural speaker!

i47.tinypic.com_2j4txr5.jpg

CBS Atlanta showed but I don't think any other media did and as typical they got their couple of minutes of tape to edit and cut then popped smoke.

One factoid not mentioned was in the last 50 years of shootings involving 4 or more deaths, ALL have been in gun free zones. I got this from a fellow that trains police for mass shooting encounters.

It would seem to support or at least strongly re-considering that they be done away with and allow the people at least a choice if they want to be armed or not. I really think it is being ignored to significant risk and only serves the gun prohibitionist with their ban agenda.

Do legislators incur any liability when they enact these oppressive-risky laws? Does anyone hold them liable? Gun free zones have done more for the anti-gun crowd than any other tool at their hand. Why would they want them banned? If I was a radical gun prohibitionist I would fight to the bitter end to keep them emplaced so as to further the greater good at an acceptable sacrifice of innocent life.

I don't think we as group discuss this as an issue enough or push it and hold leaders responsible for their actions or inaction. A bill (in every state) with supporting documentation that gun-zones don't work with the full prior knowledge that a law suit would be filed when the next mass shooting occurs to hold those leaders responsible for preventing lawful carry thus enabling a mass murderer to complete his terrible task. Give people at least the choice to become a victim.

I grow weary trying to explain that lawful armed carry is a real effective asset not a liability to our public's safety and security.

VA tech just prior to the worst shooting in American history:
In April 2005, a student permitted by the state to carry concealed handguns was discovered in possession of a concealed firearm while in class. While no criminal charges were filed, a university spokesman said the University had "the right to adhere to and enforce that policy as a common-sense protection of students, staff and faculty as well as guests and visitors".

VA tech spokesman Larry Hincker said this prior to the worse shooting in our nation's history:
In January 2006, prior to the shootings, legislator Todd Gilbert had introduced a related bill into the Virginia House of Delegates. The bill, HB 1572, was intended to forbid public universities in Virginia from preventing students from lawfully carrying a concealed handgun on campus. The university opposed the bill, which quickly died in subcommittee. Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker praised the defeat of the bill, stating, "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."

One of the speakers stated it was not about "feeling safe". I strongly agree it's about being safe not the misperceptions of feeling safe. Common sense and feeling safe have a deadly effect when combined!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom