• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Peachtree City approves Alcohol at Gun Club

Why not? Not illegal to drink alcohol and be armed at the same time in GA. People were carrying concealed in bars in Georgia long before it was legal anyway. I would be more concerned about someone getting drunk and driving away from that gun range than them pulling out their gun and drunk shooting. Most gun owners/carriers are responsible to a fault when it comes to safety, beer in hand or not.

I don't drink, but if I did and wanted to have a beer or two at home I wouldn't throw all my guns off the back porch until I was through for fear something sinister happening.
I was at a dove shoot a few years ago put on by local beer distributor my brother worked at. I left when they started shooting at each other across the field. And sober they were very responsible.

I was at a dove shoot a few years ago put on by local beer distributor my brother worked at. I left when they started shooting at each other across the field. And sober they were very responsible.

I always carry a few buckshot just in case.:shocked:

Well it is against the law to be drunk and discharge a firearm in Georgia unless in defense of seriously bodily injury or death. So unlike the man who sits at the gun range bar and drinks while armed, the dove shooting crowd is indeed irresponsible and lawless at the same time. A few weak willed people will do incredibly stupid things when drunk, and common stupid things sober. Should every man have to be prohibited from carrying a firearm for self defense while having a beer with his friends because of the ignorant few?

Back
Top Bottom