• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pellet rifle scope?

rlmblm21

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
13   0
Reaction score
I have a pellet rifle with iron sights. I am decent with the irons, but would like to mount a scope so I can get a better shot at 30-50 feet or so.

We bought a scope at Wal-Mart for $29, but it never mounted correctly. I think it was actually for a .22, but it fit in the grooves of the pellet rifle. However, you could see that it didn't seat correctly, and we ended up returning it.

I am at a loss. I don't really know what kind of scope I should get, or where to get it. Wal-Mart has a very limited selection of scopes.

Due to my recent squirrel hunting and cooking prowess, I've been invited by the men's group at my church to participate in a wild game dinner night, and I have to up my game to pack some squirrels in the freezer. Can you guys tell me how to go about getting my pellet rifle properly scoped?

A lot depends on what kind of pellet rifle it is. Springers have "reverse recoil " that is said to be notoriously hard on regular scopes not engineered for it.
What kind of air rifle do you have?

I'm watching this thread. I put a 3x9 cheap scope on. It does 'okay' on my spring powered pellet rifle but just seems to have a zero that is in a different place by 2 to 4 inches all the time.
Think it's a power master or something and boy does it slam hard when you fire it.

Back
Top Bottom