• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What pellet rifle is the quietist and accurate for eliminating suburban tree rats?

KRAL Puncher Breaker in .22 with a moderator (PCP version of a suppressor and not regulated because air gun)

That's exactly what I used this for back when we lived in the city. Quiet and ridiculously accurate. Headshots at 50 to 75 yards all day long on those tree rats.

Unless you want to cancel your gym membership to pump this up manually, I'd recommend getting a compressor that's meant to fill these. Manual pumping is a cardio workout.
Screenshot_2024-01-30-12-45-08-39_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Cost may be a factor. CBs will work in most bolt actions. lever guns or single shots. They don't on most autos. If you happen to have one of the 22's that they work in your outlay for CBs will only be about $10 for a brick versus buying a pellet rifle.

Cost may be a factor. CBs will work in most bolt actions. lever guns or single shots. They don't on most autos. If you happen to have one of the 22's that they work in your outlay for CBs will only be about $10 for a brick versus buying a pellet rifle.

They “work” in a semiautomatic, as in they’ll fire, they just don’t cycle the bolt…but my 10/22’s have charging handles and they get treated just like a straight pull bolt action. Problem solved. 🤷‍♂️

They “work” in a semiautomatic, as in they’ll fire, they just don’t cycle the bolt…but my 10/22’s have charging handles and they get treated just like a straight pull bolt action. Problem solved. 🤷‍♂️
There is one issue, the barrel length. Make it a 22" barrel so that they are silent. That carbine barrel will have a report. Just sayin

A break-barrel air rifle (usually a spring-piston design, although there are some new ones that use a nitrogen gas piston instead) IS PRETTY LOUD. Louder than a long-barreled manually-cycled .22 rimfire with CB ammo.

I assume a Spring-piston or gas piston air rifle with a suppressor should be a lot quieter.

I'm on my 2nd high powered airgun.
It's a cheap thing, Winchester brand, but made in Turkey, sold new for about $89.

Back
Top Bottom