• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

People that pull out BOS during a trade....

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Pointless" is asking a buyer or seller to 'blink three times real fast' before transferring the firearm. In other words, pointless = risk free. This ain't that.
But yes, put it in your ad BEFOREHAND or get called out for being a nozzle (which was in fact the point of the OP).

Sooooo....you think there IS a point to a BOS?

So, you're a felon?

No. I never made that argument. I think it was tony who said that. But since you bring it up, I believe the felons will pay a premium for a used glock on the odt because they can't buy at a gun store. But that's another thread...

I said in my first post, I will sign a real bill of sale if asked. But a real bill of sale does not require a DL# or weapons permit number, or home address, or date of birth, or social security #, or penis size, etc.

A bill of sale is a legal instrument that sets out a reasonable description of the item sold, purchase price or other consideration exchanged, date of transaction, and signatures. That's about it. They have been used in commercial disputes for 100s of years and they are real evidence of a change in ownership of an item in civil and criminal proceedings.

All the other crap people seem to want in a BOS is identity theft 101, and I will have nothing to do with it.

Again, I don't require a BOS. My pet peeve is god complex LEOs who think they are friggin attorneys and judges when it comes to evidence admissibility because they happen to have a glock on their hip and went to the police academy for a few weeks.

No. I never made that argument. I think it was tony who said that. But since you bring it up, I believe the felons will pay a premium for a used glock on the odt because they can't buy at a gun store. But that's another thread...

I said in my first post, I will sign a real bill of sale if asked. But a real bill of sale does not require a DL# or weapons permit number, or home address, or date of birth, or social security #, or penis size, etc.

A bill of sale is a legal instrument that sets out a reasonable description of the item sold, purchase price or other consideration exchanged, date of transaction, and signatures. That's about it. They have been used in commercial disputes for 100s of years and they are real evidence of a change in ownership of an item in civil and criminal proceedings.

All the other crap people seem to want in a BOS is identity theft 101, and I will have nothing to do with it.

Again, I don't require a BOS. My pet peeve is god complex LEOs who think they are friggin attorneys and judges when it comes to evidence admissibility because they happen to have a glock on their hip and went to the police academy for a few weeks.
How did they find the guy if the ONLY identifying information you had was a signature?
So if I sell you a gun I bought from someone else and you go and trade it in at a pawn shop and it's stolen and the Po-Po comes after me and I say "I bought it from some guy called Tony2X on the ODT". They go see him and he says "He's lying, see I don't have a BOS. I keep them all in my GI Joe FFL log." Po-Po comes back to me and says "He says he didn't sell it to you and he doesn't have a BOS." I reply "Why would Tony2x do a BOS on a stolen gun?".... and there we are. Or perhaps I produce a document that you describe (description, date with somebody's signature on it). People have already admitted they sign all sorts of nonsense as a signature.
Now that I think about it, every gun I own or ever own I bought from Tony2x....

I said I was a former LEO and that I didn't see a point in the BOS. You then responded and asked where I went to law school. So now you're calling me a god complex LEO because I said I thought they were pointless???? I have a god complex because I have an opinion? You're not playing very nicely Mr. Sharpsburg.

How did they find the guy if the ONLY identifying information you had was a signature?
So if I sell you a gun I bought from someone else and you go and trade it in at a pawn shop and it's stolen and the Po-Po comes after me and I say "I bought it from some guy called Tony2X on the ODT". They go see him and he says "He's lying, see I don't have a BOS. I keep them all in my GI Joe FFL log." Po-Po comes back to me and says "He says he didn't sell it to you and he doesn't have a BOS." I reply "Why would Tony2x do a BOS on a stolen gun?".... and there we are. Or perhaps I produce a document that you describe (description, date with somebody's signature on it). People have already admitted they sign all sorts of nonsense as a signature.
Now that I think about it, every gun I own or ever own I bought from Tony2x....

If you want to go step by step through the 100s of hours spent preparing for a trial and litigating during a trial, admitting evidence, arguing what that evidence shows along with all of the other evidence (including bills of sale and personal messages printed out from the ODT) to establish whether John Doe has a stolen glock because he (a) he stole it or (b) because he picked it up in a walmart parking lot from Jane Doe we can do that. But yes, a Bill of Sale is evidence that can be used for that purpose. It is just one of many pieces. There would also be subpoenas to the ODT to get IP addresses for the users documented in the PMs who took part in the transaction. There would be subpoenas of cell phone records between the individuals for texts and call logs.

So your argument about your guns being bought from Tony could eventually be proven true or false in court. I suspect you are telling a tall tale and would not be able to prove your statement with your fake bill of sale argument. Signatures can be analyzed, cell phone records examined, PMs dissected and analyzed, gun ads analyzed, etc. etc.

But I really think you are getting carried away. Its just a bill of sale. If you don't like them, don't use them.

If you want to go step by step through the 100s of hours spent preparing for a trial and litigating during a trial, admitting evidence, arguing what that evidence shows along with all of the other evidence (including bills of sale and personal messages printed out from the ODT) to establish whether John Doe has a stolen glock because he (a) he stole it or (b) because he picked it up in a walmart parking lot from Jane Doe we can do that. But yes, a Bill of Sale is evidence that can be used for that purpose. It is just one of many pieces. There would also be subpoenas to the ODT to get IP addresses for the users documented in the PMs who took part in the transaction. There would be subpoenas of cell phone records between the individuals for texts and call logs.

So your argument about your guns being bought from Tony could eventually be proven true or false in court. I suspect you are telling a tall tale and would not be able to prove your statement with your fake bill of sale argument. Signatures can be analyzed, cell phone records examined, PMs dissected and analyzed, gun ads analyzed, etc. etc.

But I really think you are getting carried away. Its just a bill of sale. If you don't like them, don't use them.
Or you could just give me ONE court case where the accused was exonerated.
See the bolded part..... no BOS involved....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom