• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

People that pull out BOS during a trade....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I was a former LEO and that I didn't see a point in the BOS. You then responded and asked where I went to law school. So now you're calling me a god complex LEO because I said I thought they were pointless???? I have a god complex because I have an opinion? You're not playing very nicely Mr. Sharpsburg.

I did not call you anything. I simply expressed my pet peeve about LEO. Why so defensive?

Or you could just give me ONE court case where the accused was exonerated.
See the bolded part..... no BOS involved....

I don't know what court case you want me to find you. Give me 200 bucks an hour and I will go do some legal research for you. How about you go find me a case that says guns are not goods because you have 2nd amendment rights? I am not going on a hunt to prove a fundamental point of evidence to you. Bills of sale are relevant and admissible evidence. Period. They are. You seem to thing the rules of evidence and bills of sale don't apply to guns because guns are protected by the second amendment. I don't know where to go with that... I get it, you abhor the idea of BoS and refuse to admit it could have evidentiary relevance in a legal dispute. I agree that you believe that to be true.

I don't know what court case you want me to find you. Give me 200 bucks an hour and I will go do some legal research for you. How about you go find me a case that says guns are not goods because you have 2nd amendment rights? I am not going on a hunt to prove a fundamental point of evidence to you. Bills of sale are relevant and admissible evidence. Period. They are. You seem to thing the rules of evidence and bills of sale don't apply to guns because guns are protected by the second amendment. I don't know where to go with that... I get it, you abhor the idea of BoS and refuse to admit it could have evidentiary relevance in a legal dispute. I agree that you believe that to be true.
YOU are the one claiming a positive (That a BOS for a gun sale serves a useful purpose) so it should be easy to prove. I can't prove a negative. If I said clicking my heals three time makes any used gun more accurate I should be able to prove it.
A BOS for a gun purchase is NOT required and gives personal information (based on the way many do them) to an unknown party that has the potential to do HARM to the person supplying the information. It also provides NOTHING that can be verified in other ways as you yourself have already admitted. THOSE are the FACTS.
Doing them is idiotic. THAT is an opinion.
You should charge city prices.

I did not call you anything. I simply expressed my pet peeve about LEO. Why so defensive?

I think all the fiestyness was making me fiesty.

I can tell you though, if you sold a gun and the buyer went and committed a crime with the gun, it would not be that difficult to prove that you're not guilty without the BOS. That's why I think they are pointless. They just aren't very necessary. I don't think it really gives you any extra protection. That's just my take.

YOU are the one claiming a positive (That a BOS for a gun sale serves a useful purpose) so it should be easy to prove. I can't prove a negative. If I said clicking my heals three time makes any used gun more accurate I should be able to prove it.
A BOS for a gun purchase is NOT required and gives personal information (based on the way many do them) to an unknown party that has the potential to do HARM to the person supplying the information. It also provides NOTHING that can be verified in other ways as you yourself have already admitted. THOSE are the FACTS.

Sorry Sharpsburg, but Geaux has a pretty good point here.

Okay. You win. I am too lazy to do legal research for you. You say Bills of sale are not relevant evidence in court. That is your position and I see you are sticking to it.

I think all the fiestyness was making me fiesty.

I can tell you though, if you sold a gun and the buyer went and committed a crime with the gun, it would not be that difficult to prove that you're not guilty without the BOS. That's why I think they are pointless. They just aren't very necessary. I don't think it really gives you any extra protection. That's just my take.

That may be the case. But If I am going to court to stay out of jail or get something back that belongs to me, I am brining every piece of evidence I can get my hands on.

That may be the case. But If I am going to court to stay out of jail or get something back that belongs to me, I am brining every piece of evidence I can get my hands on.

Okay, that's fine. How will you prove that it's a legit/real one? Do you have them notarized during the transaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom