• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

People that pull out BOS during a trade....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a crime

§ 40-5-33.**Change of address or name

***Whenever any person, after applying for or receiving a driver's license, shall move from the address named in such application or in the license issued to him or her or when the name of a licensee is changed by marriage or otherwise, such person shall apply to the department for a license showing the correct name or address within 60 days. Failure to change the name or address shall not deem the license invalid. The commissioner may determine the locations at which applications shall be accepted for applications due to change of name or address. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, it is specifically provided that the commissioner may designate county tag agents, if they so agree, as agents of the department for this purpose

§ 40-5-33.**Change of address or name

***Whenever any person, after applying for or receiving a driver's license, shall move from the address named in such application or in the license issued to him or her or when the name of a licensee is changed by marriage or otherwise, such person shall apply to the department for a license showing the correct name or address within 60 days. Failure to change the name or address shall not deem the license invalid. The commissioner may determine the locations at which applications shall be accepted for applications due to change of name or address. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, it is specifically provided that the commissioner may designate county tag agents, if they so agree, as agents of the department for this purpose

Ok so what is the penalty? I see it does not make the license invalid.. tho I may be in violation of the code.

Whenever I buy a handgun I like having a BOS showing the seller's info and date of sale. It could make a big difference if that handgun has a history.

www.presentationsunplugged.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2011_08_catintinfoilhat.jpg

I didn't know you have a cat.

All I said was GSP threatened to write me a ticket. Calm down

How did the GSP know?

They asked :"is this your current address ?"

And your answer was ? ? ?

You admitted to the officer that you no longer lived there , right?

about the only way they can write that ticket is if you admit your guilt
Then the cop is creaming his panties cause he gets to write you an additional ticket

If you don't admit guilt. It's almost impossible for any LEO to prove you do not live at that address

An answer of :
Yup
Still here
Hasn't changed
Still good

"Wish I could afford to move, the guy next door is a real @sshole ".
Is my favourite , usually gets a chuckle from the cop
Plus it's not a lie You've not stated yes or no
It is a crime to lie to a LEO. Although its NOT a crime for them to lie to us

There is now a provision where you can have any address printed on your DL
As long as the GSP has a valid street real address for you in their computer

Might take a while for me to dig up the info

I used to be an independent trucker. Didn't have a house
I lived in the truck
Built a shower , fridge, chemical toilet etc

So I had my Trans Am registered at my moms address

That Saved my life one day
So ever since then I've never spent the night at the address that's on the DL and car tag
I might Tell that story later

But most cops don't have their residential address on their DL. They normally use the address at their police dept

Almost anyone In Georgia can access the DMV computer

New and used car dealers. Pawn shops. Title pawn places
Banks and lenders. Insurance agents. Etc etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom