• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

People that pull out BOS during a trade....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit overkill. You're not losing your rights by showing your id to a fellow ODT to ensure you're not out of state. What if the guy is from SC and you just completed a transaction to an out of state buyer/seller? You just broke federal law.

This is the problem we have today.
People that can't READ and COMPREHEND.
The law plainly states that it is illegal to KNOWINGLY sell to a convicted felon or a out of state resident.
The law says nothing about you getting out your "decoder" and doing your Dick Tracy investigations.

If someone showed up to a trade with Alabama plates on their car, well then we might have to look at the DL, but I don't have to prove anything, just not knowingly do it.

Paranoid people, Johnny law wanna be. Ignorance

The next time you go through a licence check, how about you go ahead and strip down and open all the doors and the trunk, and tell them they can look around all they want because you ain't got nothing to hide.

Passed on Rem. 100 this AM, just because the fellow wanted to look at my DL.
I ain't got time for the paranoia.
The best way not to break any laws, is to know the laws, instead of sitting around looking stupid all the while having your rights trampled because you don't know whether you are breaking laws or not.

I would say the "paranoid one" is you....for being scared that someone is gonna memorize your entire DL info. in 2 seconds...LOL

I ask to see a Ga. ID. My memory is so ****ing bad I don't know what I had for lunch yesterday. I will make it a point not to trade with you,problem solved!

Anyone refusing to sign a BOS between them & me, I cancel the deal, its nothing but a pc of paper to cover my butt if the gun was stolen, unbeknown amongst them, and they should have one too to cover their butt if it started getting tracked down, no BOS, no deal, it not like we send the damn thing to the ATF

You wanna cover your butt, wear pants like a big boy. **** a BoS.

Anyone who asks for a BoS AT the meet when they did not STATE UP FRONT that they wanted one can go to hell and take a ****ing neg. Especially after making the other party waste gas driving to an ambush BoS. Just state it in your listing that you think some piece of toilet paper that you write up is somehow going to magically protect you from ...anything so we can ignore you at the outset and prevent the hostility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom