• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Peter King and the Assault Weapons Ban

dick king is a career yankee politician who says some of the right things then does the opposite

also, not knocking anyones service ever but alot of folks say he joined the NY national guard in 68 to avoid nam deployment

dick king is a career yankee politician who says some of the right things then does the opposite

also, not knocking anyones service ever but alot of folks say he joined the NY national guard in 68 to avoid nam deployment
Joining the National Guard did not keep you out of Nam. Whole Guard units went over there. I will agree one one thing. People don't Need ARs. Neither do they Need golf clubs. Or ski boats. Or computer games.

Call your reps and senators....tell them to vote no on any new legislation for anything that steps on 2A.
Tell them we dont want any new background checks on private sales, any new legislation on AWB, magazine restrictions and especially RED FLAG LAWS.

Tell them to vote YES on S-69 & HR-38

(Find your Senators at Senate.gov and your reps at House.gov )

Joining the National Guard did not keep you out of Nam. Whole Guard units went over there. I will agree one one thing. People don't Need ARs. Neither do they Need golf clubs. Or ski boats. Or computer games.
i knew guard units were deployed in ww1, ww2, and the gulf, and today but i didnt know if they were deployed during the korean and vietnam war due to them being techincally not a real war and a "UN policing action"

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-xpm-2004-02-28-0402280615-story.html

interesting article about it from 2004; seems a few did go but mostly not. interesting stuff

i knew guard units were deployed in ww1, ww2, and the gulf, and today but i didnt know if they were deployed during the korean and vietnam war due to them being techincally not a real war and a "UN policing action"

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-xpm-2004-02-28-0402280615-story.html

interesting article about it from 2004; seems a few did go but mostly not. interesting stuff

Afghanistan and Iraq (or Iran, I can't keep it straight which one we are shooting at) are not real wars, and a major part of the forces have been the National Guard, some units with multiple deployments.

As far as joining the National Guard during the Viet Nam "action", in Georgia, you had to be a cousin of the governor to get in, or at least that's what my draft board told me. (Me: " I want to join the National Guard." DB: "O.K.. How closely related to the governor are you." Me: "Nevermind."

Having been there, tried to do that, I don't consider anyone who joined the National Guard a "draft dodger", compared, say to Clinton, who spent the war in England I believe.

Just read an article in the AJC about a motorcycle that was going 163 mph in Atlanta.

Why do you need a motorcycle that can go that fast?

Shouldn't all motorcycles be like most big trucks now and have electronic governors?

Certain iterations of a Porche Cayenne can do 180 mph. Why do you need a SUV that can go that fast?

All sorts of deadly stuff we don't "need".

Just read an article in the AJC about a motorcycle that was going 163 mph in Atlanta.

Why do you need a motorcycle that can go that fast?

Shouldn't all motorcycles be like most big trucks now and have electronic governors?

Certain iterations of a Porche Cayenne can do 180 mph. Why do you need a SUV that can go that fast?

All sorts of deadly stuff we don't "need".
Don't give them any more ideas in Washington.

Back
Top Bottom