• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pine Log hogs

97   0
Reaction score
Does anyone hunt hogs on Pine Log? I've heard there are a decent amount of hogs on the WMA and looking to scout and hunt hogs during deer off season. Can you hunt hog's year round on WMA's? Thanks

I'm not sure about year round hunting on wma's so cant help with that. A great place for out of normal season hunting is Ft Stewart. Hogs are thick as fleas and I never go home empty handed. A bit more of a commitment with the drive, lodging, registering your firearm, and learning the ins and outs of the rules but it's a solid trip. If you're a veteran you can get a year round hunt pass there for like $55 if I remember correctly. I'd call up DNR to make sure I was getting good info before I hit the wma with a rifle at this time of year.

http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/hunting/w-m-a-regulations-c/

do a control F and type Feral Hog to find the 16 instances.

Feral Hog
PRIVATE LANDS
Limit: No limit, no closed season.

Feral hogs may be hunted at night with a light (no voltage restriction), which is carried on the person, affixed to a helmet or hat, or part of a belt system worn by a hunter. Hunting over bait is allowed. No hunting from a vehicle.

LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
Residents: All residents 16 years of age or older must possess a Hunting License to hunt feral hogs except when hunting on land owned by them or their immediate family (blood or dependent relationship) residing in the same household.

Nonresidents: Must possess a nonresident hunting license.

Exemptions to many of these restrictions for agricultural producers are available by permit. Contact your local Game Management Office for details.

I have seen people hunt them with muzzleloaders during small game dates. You must follow the guidelines for which weapons are in season. I/E if its small game you can only use small game weapons which muzzleloaders classify as small game weapon.

Small game weapons are rimfires, muzzloaders, archery equipment, and shotguns but nothing larger then #2 shot. (So no slugs or buckshot)

I'm headed down to the coast to hog hunt Altamaha WMA for a long weekend at the end of the month. Bringing my .50 cal muzzloader.

It is now legal to use center-fire rifles on fur bearers from the start of deer season until the season on fur bearers closes (typically the last day of February), so on any public land that allows fur bearer hunting use of a center fire rifle is legal for hogs as long as the fur bearer season is open.

This is a relatively new law, but I got solid confirmation on it last year.

Back
Top Bottom