• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pistol Caliber bolt action

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
Do any Spanish destroyer type carbines still exist? (Pistol caliber bolt action)

I have thought about a 77/357 for nice suppressor host, because 38/357 is IMO the old school 300blk for non-semiautos.

So what's out there? 45acp or 9mm specifically

This is a custom project someone did and a good example of why I want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know of a few places that have done small runs of Enfields in .45ACP. Would be a very nice and fun little rifle. Also uses 1911 mags. They are hard to find, and not exactly cheap to buy or make necessarily.

Unless you're dead set on an rimless cartridge I think the Ruger 77/357 would be just about the best choice.
It's not that I don't like the 357/38, its just that I already have a ton of 9mm and 45acp and don't want to add another ammo box to an already full closet. If I could find a 45acp enfield or get a reasonable quote for coverting a 9x23 Spanish destroyer to 9mm I would do it.

I think I may just find a cheap sporterized enfield and get the coversion to 45acp, overall cost would put me just about $100 more than the 77/357 plus it would be a really cool gun and keep me in the 45acp round I have stocked up on.

Last edited:
A silenced .45 rifle would be nice since about every round you can put through it is sub-sonic and a nice chunk of lead. Might have to aim a little high at distance though. :thumb:

I like the idea but would rather it be a lever action. I have been looking hard at a lever gun in 357 or 44mag.

I think you'd do better with a lever gun than a bolt-action. I've heard that those Rugers don't play nice with 38 Special.

Back
Top Bottom