• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with that at all. Since I’m a cheap bastard and work a labor heavy job I wouldn’t have any interest paying just so you don’t have to have a real job. Not trying to come off as a jerk.

I do thank you for creating this site.....
That's totally fine, but I would like to say that just because it isn't a real job doesn't mean it isn't a job. Anything you pay for in life provides a living for someone else, not sure why this is different.

Okuma Okuma does not have to justify his costs or profit to anyone. He has provided a service to gunlovers as well as others. No matter whether he is making a living at it or not. Not our business. Point is are you willing to pay to continue using this site or not? If not go back to Facebook or Craigslist.
Simple. I will continue to support it.

I think if you compare our site to most other sites you will find far less ads here. I've always valued the experience of using the site over the money.

The $1 monthly fee is minimal and I don’t think that’s the issue. The issue is the commitment. In order to subscribe, non-supporters would have to cough up personally identifiable info, such as real name and credit card or other payment method. I think that will scare many folks off. Even though they could easily be found out without providing such info, I think the perception is that non-supporters are largely anonymous on this site.

Oh, and in for supporter shaming!

Everyone wants something for free, at the end of the day, someone's paying.

I do think traffic might drop off, but it would stop all the new people coming here just to list there stuff at new retail + 20%.

I'm happy to be a supporter, I get more pleasure per $ on this site than most others. More power to Steve for developing it, shame on people who say it's not a real job, it's a real business. They're breaking their back to make others money, so man up and start your on business, or quit whining.

Now I'm going to have my 4th large adult beverage for tonight after a crummy week working for someone, so I can pay my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom