• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I’ve been on here a few years and I don’t remember ever being asked to support the ODT. Maybe it asked when I signed up, but I was just checking out the site back then.

Maybe you could promote supporting more, but I think charging any money will run potential new buyers/sellers off.

After reading this thread, I will be signing up as a supporter.

I do not like to pay for this type service.

That said, I know it costs money to keep this place up, hence why I expect to see advertisements on the site.

No different than going to Fox News, Drudge, or GON. All have ads up on the site, that is their revenue model.

Honestly, I’ve been on here a few years and I don’t remember ever being asked to support the ODT. Maybe it asked when I signed up, but I was just checking out the site back then.

Maybe you could promote supporting more, but I think charging any money will run potential new buyers/sellers off.

After reading this thread, I will be signing up as a supporter.

^^^ This!! The site would be much better off offering more upgrades to supporters other than the feed and an icon

I do not like to pay for this type service.

That said, I know it costs money to keep this place up, hence why I expect to see advertisements on the site.

No different than going to Fox News, Drudge, or GON. All have ads up on the site, that is their revenue model.
Honestly I don't either, but I think it's where things are going for a lot of sites. It's so hard to make money off of ads unless you cover the whole page in them, which ruins the experience in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom