• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pnut season!

I made 2 batches last weekend. One standard with salt, cajun spices, etc. Then, I made a batch that my youngest son called "Satan's Testicles". They had the salt, cajun spices, jalapeños, red pepper flakes, ground cayenne pepper and a healthy dose of Dave's Ghost Pepper sauce.

These were my favorite, nice and spicy!

Boiled peanuts in the Instant Pot!!
1.5 - 2 lbs. green peanuts
1/4 c. Old Bay Seasoning
1/3 c. Kosher Salt
2 TBSP. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Bay Leaf

Cover peanuts with water to the line inside the Instant Pot. Throw in spices listed above. Turn a saucer upside down on top of peanuts. Cook for 90 mins. on high pressure setting. Let pressure release naturally. Pop a cold beer or two or three and enjoy!!

Just boiled a batch last night, but I just used plain old salt. I didnt get all fancy with the seasonings like some of yall. Bought a half bushel for $22 at a stand in south Georgia.

I boil a bushel at a time and freeze them in quart bags. Just salt and water in mine. I am addicted to them. My favorite snack and my kids love them too. A bushel (about 30 lbs) does not last long at our house.

I didn't know they sold green peanuts in grocery stores. Luckily this year folks are still picking. Normally peanuts are done but the weather has delayed harvest.

Back
Top Bottom