• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Police / Sheriff question: help with vagrants camped on property

I am looking at buying a big piece of land that is distressed, and when I went to check it out there are clearly vagrants and homeless people camped out there. Saw some tents and couches etc through the woods in at least 3-4 places. On one end saw some dudes just sitting on a couch at the edge of the woods on the property. I waved at them and they just stared. Saw a tent in the woods behind them.

I think it may be good for light industrial zoning but I want to get to walk around the property (125 acres) and I wouldn't feel safe walking around it alone even while armed.

Would local PD (in Douglasville city limits) help me? Douglas County Sheriff? Do I have to recruit ODT mafia for money? 2-3 armed guys?
Any ideas?

This looks like a job for me & @Paynefree :)

What do you want the police to do? Walk around with you on property you don't own and provide you personal security and protection from the mean
Hobo's? I'm confused. :noidea:

Pretty much. Isn't it the government's job to enforce private property rights by force? People call the cops when someone comes into their house uninvited, right?
Errrr... well not ODT'ers... but you get what I'm saying.

Here's the thing. The property is priced the way it is for a reason. If you are willing to deal with the headaches to make it valuable to a larger audience by cleaning it up, more power to you. Glad somebody does that kind of work. Good luck. If you do buy it, I predict a very long, and very interesting thread. IN! :)

One of the reasons I want to go on the property is to take pictures of all that so I can get the price down even further. Absentee corporate owner.

One of the reasons I want to go on the property is to take pictures of all that so I can get the price down even further. Absentee corporate owner.

This is a perfect situation to use a drone. Start with a high end video one, go to the tactical version if needed.

Back
Top Bottom