• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Possible dangerous ammo I just bought. What to do?

I would take a copy of the info with you. So you have something to back what you are saying

I have a Ruger #1 I will put it threw if you want to sell it.

Get out of my head, man! I was about to say the same thing! :lol:

To the OP's question though, I'd take it back - ask for your money back and show proof of the recall. If they are worth doing business with, they will refund the money and dispose of the ammo.

Either that or you could pull the bullets and reload them yourself...of course you'd need to be set up for that.

Last edited:
Never too late to learn to reload...... wink,wink. I would print off the article and carry it up to the store and show it to them, try to return it involve a manager if you have to. But expect to be stuck with it and be surprised if you get your money back. worse case scenario, buy a bullit puller and sell the cases and projectiles or ask a fellow ODT'r to help you reload it.

Get out of my head, man! I was about to say the same thing! :lol:

To the OP's question though, I'd take it back - ask for your money back and show proof of the recall. If they are worth doing business with, they will refund the money and dispose of the ammo.

Either that or you could pull the bullets and reload them yourself...of course you'd need to be set up for that.

dang took the words out of my mouth.....

Never too late to learn to reload...... wink,wink. I would print off the article and carry it up to the store and show it to them, try to return it involve a manager if you have to. But expect to be stuck with it and be surprised if you get your money back. worse case scenario, buy a bullit puller and sell the cases and projectiles or ask a fellow ODT'r to help you reload it.

I think this is the approach I am going to take. Especially since I plan buying a can that they happen to carry very soon.

If I get stuck with it, I will buy a bullet puller and hopefully enlist an ODTer to help me load them all as subsonics.

I atleast need to let them know about the ammo, because I bought most of what was on the shelf, but one of the employees purchased the last few.

Okay, so I'm pretty sure that there are regulations out there when it comes to recalled goods. I believe the main burden is on the manufacturer, but that may be different when it comes to ammo. You can start with the store, but I'm pretty sure the manufacturer is legally required to rectify the situation. I'm quite ignorant when it comes to the ammo industry, so that's just my two cents. For all I know this manufacturer may not be around anymore. IMO you have a leg to stand on when a store is selling recalled ammo. Being that the consumer is generally protected in this type of situation, somebody should rectify the situation for you.

Okay, so I'm pretty sure that there are regulations out there when it comes to recalled goods. I believe the main burden is on the manufacturer, but that may be different when it comes to ammo. You can start with the store, but I'm pretty sure the manufacturer is legally required to rectify the situation. I'm quite ignorant when it comes to the ammo industry, so that's just my two cents. For all I know this manufacturer may not be around anymore. IMO you have a leg to stand on when a store is selling recalled ammo. Being that the consumer is generally protected in this type of situation, somebody should rectify the situation for you.

Ummm no. He bought 40 year old Brazilian ammo.

Back
Top Bottom