• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

possibly another dumb question

jstephens99

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
5   0
Reaction score
when i bought my glock it came with three mags, all of which are stamped with restricted/LE govt use only. will this present a problem anytime down the road?
photo.jpg

Last edited:
nope, might increase the value if you sell just the mags. Sometimes people will pay extra for the LE stamp. All 3 of mine are marked restricted, and look just like yours. same date as well, i believe.

ok thats good, i dont plan on ever selling this one or the mags. first glock, sentimental value and all, from what i could find is this was a requirement when Clinton put a ban on hi cap mags and such.

but never found anything saying that it was ok or not.

ok thats good, i dont plan on ever selling this one or the mags. first glock, sentimental value and all, from what i could find is this was a requirement when Clinton put a ban on hi cap mags and such.

but never found anything saying that it was ok or not.

lol same here man, first glock and it was my dad's. Only thing you might have to worry about is replacing the mags from wear and tear, that is a possibility

That's a very difficult question. General wisdom would say that if they do pass a law your old mags will be grandfathered in but that won't necessarily be the case. If they do manage to get a law passed to not just band the sale of but actually make hicaps illegal somehow it won't matter whether it's stamped LE or not it will be illegal. They only way that this stamping will be an issue is if they pass some bill into law that has that specific wording attached to it as it relates to mag stamping. (which with the insanity that goes on in washington isn't impossible, but is unlikely)

when i bought my glock it came with three mags, all of which are stamped with restricted/LE govt use only. will this present a problem anytime down the road?
View attachment 105341

You are correct in that it is a "ban period" item. It does not make it illegal to own, and as crash said, may become of value. However, if "new ban", does get placed by congress, it will not make it illegal to own, but only to sell or buy.

dont quote me on this, but i heard the ones marked LE use only means that its a mag cops can use. in other words, a cop has to use a mag approved for law enforcement use, doesnt mean you cant own them

but i could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom