• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

post-Sandy Hook prices. What will it take?

So, you are saying we aren't to sandy hook prices yet and only time can tell. Glad you agree.

Not there. Not even close. Can it get there? Sure. The issue now is the govt pretty well shutting down approvals.

That said, there are a lot of people realizing that they shouldn't have been buying their 13th glock or AR just to get gun counts up and just now started trying to buy ammo. They are selling off some of their "unnecessary" attachments like good glass for good prices, so upping some scopes and such as I'm pretty well set on ammo and powders.

Oh I think we are heading there... I think we are closer than you subscribe to. We are clearly seeing significant run on both. Will that continue I think it is likely.

There is a huge disconnect between needing 15,000 ventilators in NY, and Trump implying we will be back in full force by Easter...

Clearly prices have gone up significantly.. I didn’t buy after Sandy Hook am set with all I need...

It's not the fence sitters. CA is exploding right now with people trying to buy guns. They are calling gun stores across the country and learning they just can't have guns shipped to their door because of laws they advocated for.

So when they get on TV, or post a stupid video on their FB page, admitting they were wrong and begging for forgiveness, then maybe. Until such time they can **** right the hell off for working all these years to deny people who actually do believe in freedom the right to protect themselves and their families.
You do realize that the vast majority of CA is red and moderate, right? It's just the big cities that are hardcore blue. And, believe it not, there is a lot of spin from the news, even pro-2a outlets. We have an opportunity here to reach a lot of fence-sitters and first-time gun buyers. We need to act on that and not throw them back out. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous as it hurts nobody but ourselves and the country moving forward.

You do realize that the vast majority of CA is red and moderate, right? It's just the big cities that are hardcore blue. And, believe it not, there is a lot of spin from the news, even pro-2a outlets. We have an opportunity here to reach a lot of fence-sitters and first-time gun buyers. We need to act on that and not throw them back out. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous as it hurts nobody but ourselves and the country moving forward.

How do you suggest to reach out to those folks?

I'm quite sure I realize it better than you as I used to live there. CA was just one example to point out that you are incorrect about it just being fence sitters. You can virtue signal to the fence sitters all you want, but I am talking about people who actively worked to deny others their 2A rights. And to suggest they are somehow now reformed is beyond ridiculous, and it hurts no one but pro 2A supporters and the country moving forward.

I'm quite sure I realize it better than you as I used to live there. CA was just one example to point out that you are incorrect about it just being fence sitters. You can virtue signal to the fence sitters all you want, but I am talking about people who actively worked to deny others their 2A rights. And to suggest they are somehow now reformed is beyond ridiculous, and it hurts no one but pro 2A supporters and the country moving forward.
I never said anything about "just" being fence-sitters. I said people sitting on the fence and fist time buyers are the major new buyers. From my experiences, reformation of any type is a process. If we, as the long-standing 2a community, throw up walls, we just drive them back to prior beliefs or worse, push them further out than they were before. Or, we could show them what we all see and believe, many of us growing up with these beliefs and memories. A hardcore anti-gunner will be tough to turn, but there will be some. It's that moderate group, the group that makes up the majority of America and that swings political votes in every single state, that we need to take seriously and welcome.

How do you suggest to reach out to those folks?
As a 2a community. We all know people that sit all over the spectrum of gun rights beliefs. Bring em in, invite them out to the range, teach what we know starting with safety. Basically, be a decent human being.

I never said anything about "just" being fence-sitters. I said people sitting on the fence and fist time buyers are the major new buyers. From my experiences, reformation of any type is a process. If we, as the long-standing 2a community, throw up walls, we just drive them back to prior beliefs or worse, push them further out than they were before. Or, we could show them what we all see and believe, many of us growing up with these beliefs and memories. A hardcore anti-gunner will be tough to turn, but there will be some. It's that moderate group, the group that makes up the majority of America and that swings political votes in every single state, that we need to take seriously and welcome.

Cool. And the great thing about this country, despite how desperately these same people want to take away our Rights, is that we are still free to disagree. So by all means you welcome them with open arms. :thumb: Me - I don't care if they have all sorts of issues acquiring firearms based on what they have always done. And then perhaps they will have learned their lesson and will come to the side of freedom.

And back to the topic at hand, if we don't open back up around the Easter time frame, I suspect that is when we will start to see gun prices start to shoot up.

As a 2a community. We all know people that sit all over the spectrum of gun rights beliefs. Bring em in, invite them out to the range, teach what we know starting with safety. Basically, be a decent human being.

I tend to agree with this. The more people that own guns, the better. Besides it would be nice for the manufacturers to see a huge demand and big profit margins. That way they will keep making cool new stuff for us. Like a glock carbine that isn't a 10rd .22 in case anyone from glock is here...

I suspect that is when we will start to see gun prices start to shoot up.
giphy (2).gif

Cool. And the great thing about this country, despite how desperately these same people want to take away our Rights, is that we are still free to disagree. So by all means you welcome them with open arms. :thumb: Me - I don't care if they have all sorts of issues acquiring firearms based on what they have always done. And then perhaps they will have learned their lesson and will come to the side of freedom.

And back to the topic at hand, if we don't open back up around the Easter time frame, I suspect that is when we will start to see gun prices start to shoot up.
Oh, they absolutely need to go through legal channels like anyone else. If they voted in laws and politicians to strip them of their rights, then they get to deal with that, and rightfully so. The difference between the run on guns and ammo now versus in the past situations is that people are now finally seeing a firearm as a means of defense, not just for hunting like the mwdia has been pushing for the past 2 decades. People are seeing that their lives and the lives of their loved ones could be on the lime, both from the public and even our own government, which is something none of em ever wanted to believe.

Back
Top Bottom