Postal efficiency? Perhaps a USPS employee can 'splain this to me?

It was never in Florida, it was drop shipped from somewhere else.
Not according to the tracking record.

YOUR LABEL NUMBER
SERVICE
STATUS OF YOUR ITEM
DATE & TIME
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Priority Mail[SUP]®[/SUP]

Depart USPS Sort Facility

June 18, 2013

SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94188

Expected Delivery By:
June 19, 2013

USPS Tracking / Delivery Confirmation[SUP]™[/SUP]

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

June 18, 2013, 8:22 pm

SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94188

Dispatched to Sort Facility

June 17, 2013, 3:56 pm

ORANGE CITY, FL 32763

Acceptance

June 17, 2013, 9:04 am

ORANGE CITY, FL 32763

Not according to the tracking record.

YOUR LABEL NUMBER
SERVICE
STATUS OF YOUR ITEM
DATE & TIME
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Priority Mail[SUP]®[/SUP]

Depart USPS Sort Facility

June 18, 2013

SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94188

Expected Delivery By:
June 19, 2013

USPS Tracking / Delivery Confirmation[SUP]™[/SUP]

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

June 18, 2013, 8:22 pm

SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94188

Dispatched to Sort Facility

June 17, 2013, 3:56 pm

ORANGE CITY, FL 32763

Acceptance

June 17, 2013, 9:04 am

ORANGE CITY, FL 32763

So much fail right there.

Could it be weather related? Maybe they had to divert? Anyhow, I use USPS almost exclusively and I buy/ship A LOT. Never have had a problem whatsoever and have never seen senseless logistics like this. The only time I have a problem is when I go into the post office and actually interact with a human employee, which I try to avoid at all costs. I've been pleasantly surprised by their shipping service and speed. Prefer them over UPS and FedEx.

Could it be weather related? Maybe they had to divert? Anyhow, I use USPS almost exclusively and I buy/ship A LOT. Never have had a problem whatsoever and have never seen senseless logistics like this. The only time I have a problem is when I go into the post office and actually interact with a human employee, which I try to avoid at all costs. I've been pleasantly surprised by their shipping service and speed. Prefer them over UPS and FedEx.

Agreed. I ship a lot through usps. But I always do the labels on my puter and have them pick up at my house.

Priority Mail is 2-3 days max, so it looks like they're still going to meet that SLA. They know what they're doing - as surprising as that may be for a gov run operation.

Oh, and I think they're broke because of salaries, pensions, benefits, inefficiencies, etc. not because of service to the customer. They are very competitive on price and speed.

Could it be weather related?
Who knows? If it was, hard to believe that was the next logical ground stop though. $2.41 for shipping and it'll travel the better part of 6,000 miles. Hey, it's a bargain. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Priority Mail is 2-3 days max, so it looks like they're still going to meet that SLA. They know what they're doing - as surprising as that may be for a gov run operation.

Oh, and I think they're broke because of salaries, pensions, benefits, inefficiencies, etc. not because of service to the customer. They are very competitive on price and speed.
If your business could lose money every year and not shut down, you could be pretty competitive on price too... no? :)

Back
Top Bottom