Postal efficiency? Perhaps a USPS employee can 'splain this to me?

Priority Mail is 2-3 days max, so it looks like they're still going to meet that SLA. They know what they're doing - as surprising as that may be for a gov run operation.

Oh, and I think they're broke because of salaries, pensions, benefits, inefficiencies, etc. not because of service to the customer. They are very competitive on price and speed.

bahhahahahhahahhaha they can shove it

Who knows? If it was, hard to believe that was the next logical ground stop though. $2.41 for shipping and it'll travel the better part of 6,000 miles. Hey, it's a bargain. :)

- - - Updated - - -

If your business could lose money every year and not shut down, you could be pretty competitive on price too... no? :)

Does seem bizarre, but I have not seen that before. I've bought plenty of stuff from FL shipped via USPS.

:rolleyes:
I'm sure some quality gov't employee put it in the wrong bin and it went to Ca by mistake. At least let's hope so.
This is probably the case. You folks have to remember that we can not selectively hire or fire. There is a reason for Govt. hiring. That is to at least get em out of bed to clock in. After that, it's a crap shoot.

I hate to defend the USPS, but logistics can be a funky thing.

The guy who started FedEx had the idea to route almost everything through Memphis as a central hub. He was laughed at by "academics" who discredited his theory of logisitc efficiency.

FedEx sorta works in the reverse of what we see here: packages that come from Texas may (and often are) routed to Memphis before going to Kalifornia. It's better to put 20 Kalifornia bound packages on one truck than have 20 trucks take one package each.

I sell on epay and when you print and pay shipping on the ebay web site it seems to get routed in strange ways. After a few times of that I now just take all my packages down to the po for shipping, much quicker. I had a similar package going to Kalifornia that was routed to Miami first.

Back
Top Bottom