• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pre or post lock revolvers?

I don't understand the logic of avoiding older guns because parts that will probably never break may be hard to find, but if anyone wants to get rid of one of those junk Colt Pythons before they have an issue, I'd be happy to buy you a BRAND NEW Taurus revolver in trade. Parts are available, along with their legendary customer service! :cool:

I don't understand the logic of avoiding older guns because parts that will probably never break may be hard to find, but if anyone wants to get rid of one of those junk Colt Pythons before they have an issue, I'd be happy to buy you a BRAND NEW Taurus revolver in trade. Parts are available, along with their legendary customer service! :cool:

K frames have long been known to have weak forcing cones. It is why the L frame came into being.

ALL used parts. Every part I listed are fitted parts on those guns. You want a bubba gun, go for it. If is can't be repaired by the manufacturer, it is obsolete.
Hmmmm..certainly ONE man's opinion.

I see, no new, currently OEM manufactured parts makes that needed piece of equipment a bubba model. I guess all the fine weapons that come from the CPM that have assorted parts from different manufactures fitted by various military personnel and not the OEM manufacturer are bubba guns, lol. Not to mention restored vintage vehicles, airplanes, well really anything collectable....all bubba stuff.

I was simply responding to your claim "Split a forcing cone on a nice M19, M66, or any pre lock K frame, and you have a useless hunk of metal, no barrels available at all." :yo:

I see, no new, currently OEM manufactured parts makes that needed piece of equipment a bubba model. I guess all the fine weapons that come from the CPM that have assorted parts from different manufactures fitted by various military personnel and not the OEM manufacturer are bubba guns, lol. Not to mention restored vintage vehicles, airplanes, well really anything collectable....all bubba stuff.

I was simply responding to your claim "Split a forcing cone on a nice M19, M66, or any pre lock K frame, and you have a useless hunk of metal, no barrels available at all." :yo:
Lol!

Definitely just an opinion. :nod:

How do you crack a forcing cone on a K frame?

Oh yeah....use incorrect ammo. Or a non stop diet of the full house loads....this is known and has been known for some time. So don't do it.

'Useless hunk of junk' problem avoided.
Lol!

Definitely just an opinion. :nod:

Bubbas of the world UNITE!
www.ar15.com_images_smilies_smiley_bucktooth.gif

Man...I guess my safe is full of obsolete worthless chunks of metal...

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161218_71543c0399f6da668956ec5ea0854f95.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161218_f9d6f0f24ccaed7e69baef18e82dc1eb.jpg

I hate it when that happens...

Sent from my XT1254

They all split the forcing cone? Man, you need to quit loading those 125 grain screamers, they are death on those things.

Who equated milspec gunz with hand fitted old world style civie production gunz? Part of the "Milsped " requirement is parts interchangeability. Smith and Wesson pre-mim/lock? Nope.

How much are you willing to pay to fit a used barrel to a used frame on a revolver? If the gun is used to the point it needs a barrel, its collector value is nill. I doubt anyone is shooting RMs to destruction.

What ends up happening is a bubba job, because no one will pay the freight to do the work correctly on a gun worth several hundred bucks.

Dang man, first you say the parts you want not available. Parts are located. Then you say you want NEW parts on a gun that has not been build with a pinned barrel or recessed cylinder since 1982. And then, if you can't get new parts, it is bubba'd and not worth anything. How much is it worth now...oh yeah....a worthless hunk of metal. Sorry you broke it, but sometimes it happens.

Dang man, first you say the parts you want not available. Parts are located. Then you say you want NEW parts on a gun that has not been build with a pinned barrel or recessed cylinder since 1982. And then, if you can't get new parts, it is bubba'd and not worth anything. How much is it worth now...oh yeah....a worthless hunk of metal. Sorry you broke it, but sometimes it happens.
Sounds like he better stick with Taurus. Lock and all. :nod:

Back
Top Bottom