• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hammerless Snubby Revolvers

If an external hammer on a snub snagging on clothing during a draw from the pocket, the Smith And Wesson 638 airfreight is the best of both worlds and my recommendation.
I bought one for my daughter because I felt it was the absolute safest handgun I could buy her and not worry about he being harmed by the gun.At that time she had no shooting experience and I was close to the end of debriefing the college instilled liberal mentality from her.
She now shoots my glock 19 better than I do most days.
But anyway, the 638 is Darwin Approved.i liked it so much after shooting hers, I had to buy another one for myself.
Probably my most carried EDC.

I'll carry a J frame in my pocket with a pocket holster. It's all in how you draw it. If you're aware of the hammer spur and rock the butt down as you draw, it's quick and fluid. And you always have the option for single action. I don't know if Smith still makes them or not, but they used to make a hammerless model. It has a external spur if you will that's extremely low profile on the outside of the frame. But it's still a 5 shot.
The Colts, you used to be able to get an apparatus that fits over the hammer. I guess you get one for a Smith, but I've never seen one

Ruger LCR (not LCRx) is probably the best snubby out there these days for actual carry. Trigger is better than a Smith by far, and right there with the Kimber. Hammer is shielded (again, LCR not LCRx) and it's it's very light, although heavier than an airweight.

It's also one of the few snubbies you can shoot full-house 357 out of without rethinking your life choices.

Lots of different calibers available, and a ton of options for sights, holsters and grips. Only downside is that it ain't pretty.

Many years ago, before higher capacity and lighter 9mm were available I bobbed a Taurus 85 . I liked being able to put my thumb on the bobbed hammer when holstering or manipulating the pistol.

1708457085634.jpeg

8 Shot 357 mag with bobbed hammer. S&W model 327.

Back
Top Bottom