• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hammerless Snubby Revolvers

I looked around online and I don’t see many in a 2” barrel. Every other revolver I’ve shot other than the Kimber K6S I’ve hated.

I might look into getting another one. Any suggestions?

I like the close to 2” barrel, hammerless, and 6 shot preferred. I’m wondering if the Kimber is the only one that checks all the boxes.
You might look into an LCR in .327 federal magnum. Same size as a regular J frame except it will hold six rounds.

You can carry with .32H&R magnum

https://revolverguy.com/the-327-federal-magnum-ruger-lcr/

When the 686’s on sale are gone, they’re gone. I think they’ll keep making the plus but the 686 is no longer in production according to S&W site. After rebate they’re about $600.
IMG_4898.png

When the 686’s on sale are gone, they’re gone. I think they’ll keep making the plus but the 686 is no longer in production according to S&W site. After rebate they’re about $600.View attachment 6908187
Thats an awesome deal and terribly tempting. I held a used 4" 686+ in a store on saturday and it felt like magic. I considered buying it and this may push me over the edge. I prefer the standard six because Im old and thats just what they are supposed to be.

Thats an awesome deal and terribly tempting. I held a 4" 686 on saturday and it was magic. I considered buying it.
I like shooting the longer barrel’s but always end up buying the shorty. The 686 snubby was my first handgun and I loved it. I fondled a 4” .44mag “Combat” at Cabelas a while back , took all the patience I could muster .

The problem with bobbing a hammer on a gun with a spur is that you can make it unreliable. You've decreased the mass of the hammer right where it's the most important, at the top of the arc.

That's fine if you just want a range toy, but probably not great for self defense.

The problem with bobbing a hammer on a gun with a spur is that you can make it unreliable. You've decreased the mass of the hammer right where it's the most important, at the top of the arc.

That's fine if you just want a range toy, but probably not great for self defense.
I’ve had good luck with my 60. Honestly when I look at the hammer from my 60 and the one from my 642 the only difference I notice is the spur.

Attachments

• IMG_0103_Original.jpeg
    IMG_0103_Original.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom