• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pressure Cookers? I.E.Ds?

Here are 2 pictures that the news media is saying are from the Boston explosions.
pressure 1.jpgpressure 2.jpg

And the Pressure Cooker may fit inside the backpack but it would not detonate in the proper radius to do this amount of damage (the weak point is the lid therefore the lid will be the first to go and the explosion would go verticial not outward).

Not to mention, how do you load a PC with material, shrapenel, a detonation device, and carry it without drawing attention to yourself? Carrying a 30lb backpack and leaving it should arise concern from anyone around there.

Not sure where you came up with all your ideas but they are all wrong.

it was wrong what happened and we all know that I believe.
I had never heard of the pressure cooker thing till yesterday I don't watch all the 24/7 news much. my Mom had one get clogged once during canning season and it made a mess for sure. we all were afraid of them after that.
wouldn't you think that a cell phone or something in that thick aluminum would get a signal. heck I have a hard time in my buddy's metal shop getting a phone call, just thinking.
there's a lot of nut cases in the world an I hope they catch the ones how did it.

enclosed container... you could create a destructive device out of anything from piping to a paper tube. The ammount of damage will be directly related to the ammount of explosive and its properties multiplied by any added projectiles.

Inbon is somewhat correct in that the weakest portion of the container will breach first. This is why the lid was found on a rooftop. where he is incorrecct is that it applies all force equally to all sides. Theres also physical mechanics equations I cannot remember off the top of my head... but essentially the force was great enough it would have blow the sides out of the cookware regardless, so it did.

it was wrong what happened and we all know that I believe.
I had never heard of the pressure cooker thing till yesterday I don't watch all the 24/7 news much. my Mom had one get clogged once during canning season and it made a mess for sure. we all were afraid of them after that.
wouldn't you think that a cell phone or something in that thick aluminum would get a signal. heck I have a hard time in my buddy's metal shop getting a phone call, just thinking.
there's a lot of nut cases in the world an I hope they catch the ones how did it.

Agreed. When I heard it was a pressure cooker, I was amazed and very confused. But it seems that it is very common in other parts of the world. And is even taught in Afgan terror camps.

Back
Top Bottom