• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Private Car Sellers that are actually Sleezy Dealers here on the ODT

Status
Not open for further replies.
When that happens, take it for a test spin and dog the **** out of it. Then tell them, “Nah, I changed my mind.”

I chirped 2nd and 3rd gears on a 2002 TransAm I was test driving from a dealership way back in the day. Looked over at the salesman and told him I should get a good deal because the tires showed wear. Didn't work...

Not many are as sleazy as a used car salesman.....but one that is hiding in plan sight..and using this platform to dup buyers...is almost criminal imo

So the A/C blew warm and he didn't know if the timing belt was changed?..Thats it?

That wouldn't have stopped me from buying a used car I liked.
This is my whole point...if he was a private owner that actually owned the vehicle, instead of buying from an auction, he would have known the history of the vehicle. If he wants to sell here that is fine. But put it under Dealer Listing. Cause that is what they are Dealers that tote dealer tags with them so you can take it for a test drive.

I bought a van from my brother in law who'd sold it to me privately but he'd bought it with his plumbing company and it was titled to that business. I had the DoR on my butt 6 months later telling me I owed them the sales tax. Had it been two individuals and a non-business title, there is no sales tax.
That is wrong, all vehicle transactions have to have the taxes paid when you register the car. And it’s the valuation of the state, not what you tell them you paid.

That is wrong, all vehicle transactions have to have the taxes paid when you register the car. And it’s the valuation of the state, not what you tell them you paid.
That is what happened with my 2012 Explorer. And I had to bring in the sales contract to prove the sales tax was paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom