Private sale question

jkaczyn18

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
206   0
Reaction score
Ok so say I buy a registered SBR lower from a same state resident, and while waiting on approval they move to another state. How does this work? I am going to give the ATF a call, but just seeing if anyone here knew.

Shouldn't make any difference, as far as the federal government is concerned. Call the ATF and ask, they'll answer whatever questions you have, and provide it in writing upon your request.

I think you're fine. If an item is under pending, it should void every other forms that involved on that serial.

I'd contact NFA branch and ask. I think it should be fine ether way if he's willing to come back to the state to make the transfer after form is approved. I don't think they would let him move the pending sbr to another state, it would void that form 20. I could be wrong :(

Last edited:
Called this morning and the guy said everything would be OK on their end. Only thing is my form 4 will be sent to that address. I told him the mail is being forwarded to the new address, but he wasn't sure if federal mail gets forwarded. He transferred me to my examiner, but of course she didn't answer. Hopefully she will call me back, I doubt it, and I can figure this out.

Update

Just got a hold of her and she said she would take a look at it and see if she can get it done. Might actually work out in my favor for a very short wait.

Last edited:
Siverio is great! She fixed one of my previous forms without questioning and turned it around quick!

Back
Top Bottom