• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Procrastinators dilemma. Paper my Form 1 or hope Efile goes back up

uga_fan

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
8   0
Reaction score
I was able to get one Form 1 filed yesterday. I would like to get another Form 1 filed before tomorrow. However, the e-file system is down. Do I paper file my form one now before the post office closes or do I hope the e-file system comes back up before midnight? Dilemmas dilemmas dilemmas dilemmas

They're both trending up at 120+ days on forms coming back today... so it doesn't matter. Just paper file and be done with it.

Time's up. I'm waiting for the smoke to clear and availability to come back before I get anything else. There are a couple of items I would like to have; but nothing I have to have.

Just saw this:
eForms Outage

We have been experiencing issues with the eForms system the past few days. We are working to restore it to service soon, but we do not have an estimated time for return to service.

However, with the changes to the filing requirements resulting from Final Rule 41F (go to the ATF website (www.atf.gov) for information) becoming effective on July 13, 2016, you may wish to file a paper application. Please be aware that the effective date is set by the Final Rule and cannot be extended.

A PDF of the form 1 application is available on the ATF website (Firearms forms function) where it can be downloaded and completed to be filed to the address on the form. The form may also be found by clicking on the following link: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...-and-register-firearm-atf-form-53201/download

If the submission is postmarked prior to July 13, 2016, it will be processed under the current requirements. If postmarked on or after July 13, 2016, the new requirements will apply.

ASSISTANCE:
Please direct questions to the OST Customer Support Help Desk at 1-877-875-3723 or Helpdesk-OSTCS@atf.gov.

Yeah, a nearby post office closes at 6p. I was going to try the paper, but decided against the hassle and rush. If Eforms comes back up, great. If not, I really didn't 'need' another sbr anyway.

Isn't it great to have a big brother in DC watching out for us and making sure we get this stuff done today? I don't think we show enough appreciation for bubba around here.

Talk about a last minute posting...

i.imgur.com_YhPyUOa.png

Back
Top Bottom