• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Putting it out there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody, this is why I don't usually post on this forum, but I felt it needed to be said. I'm not defending the OP's price, just his right to ask it.
He is more than free to ask whatever he wants for it and we will not allow anyone to badger him in his for sale thread. However, if he is going to start a thread complaining about getting low balled and how awful this site and the members are, this is what he is going to get. He could have just "walked away" if he didn't like it.

We are not all mean spirited.
It's his stuff and he can ask what he wants for it.
Kinda reminds me of a sign on the wall of one of my favorite BBQ joints.
I have no quarrel with those who sell for less, They know what their stuff is worth.
If he got hosed like many others around here around election time he can sit on it and wait till the market comes back, and it will eventually it always does.
I didnt see his PMs he very well may have met some resident jackasses then again maybe not.

Ok, I think the point has gotten across!

I'm sorry you feel that way about the site ronnin, but I hope you will stick around. If it were me, I would take the multitude of lowball offers and reexamine my price, as it is most likely me and not the 8,000 users that have it wrong. And gun prices lately seem a lot like the stock market, prices fluctuate almost daily. I sold an M&P 45 a few months ago for $500, a week ago I tried to sell the same model but with night sights and had to settle for $400, it's just the nature of the beast. The folks here are pretty savvy over all, and try to pick stuff up at a bargain if they can, and will rarely pay retail for something. But you have to remember it works both ways, you may have to sell lower than you were expecting, but you can probably buy something for less than you were expecting as well.

Just in general I'd like to say that two complaints I hear a lot of is too many lowball offers and no good deals to be had. There are plenty of good deals to be had, but they will not be available for very long, so there is a good chance that if your away for a few hours a great deal could have come and gone already. And if your getting too many lowball offers, maybe you should reexamine your price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom