• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about 5.56 suppressors

I used to be very pro "get a 30 cal can for everything" until I started doing it. An 8.5" 308 can (smaller end of the spectrum) makes a 11.5" AR a 20" gun. 1.5" of length savings is huge there. And the sound is much better to my ears in the tighter bore.

I used to be very pro "get a 30 cal can for everything" until I started doing it. An 8.5" 308 can (smaller end of the spectrum) makes a 11.5" AR a 20" gun. 1.5" of length savings is huge there. And the sound is much better to my ears in the tighter bore.
Funny how it progresses after you start. Can I come pick my other .30 cal can up yet and pick out something else to start the wait on? lol

Cheaper than dirt currently has in stock subsonic .223 rounds. I think they're produced by Bear Ammo, but I could be mistaken. Haven't gotten my order in yet to test out on the Mk18 with a Gemtec G5, but I'm hopeful as are all of us haha. All I was after was a CQB rifle with hearing safe sound levels. If you want something movie quiet where all you hear is the action cycling, good luck. Most subsonic ammo for .223 states up front that the action will NOT cycle on its own because the rounds are so turned down. My middy has a little better luck (not every single time and not something I'd leave as a life or death shooter) cycling subsonic rounds and I can only assume rifle length gas systems would do an even better job cycling but it's still just hopeful at best.

Back
Top Bottom