• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about HOA Law.??

brad sweet

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
146   0
Reaction score
I’m a member of an HOA that the financial treasurer has stolen an untold amount of finances away from HOA community. What if any legal recourse Do I have other than selling and moving. I have no confidence that this will be handled correctly.. please advise

Call the police. Theft is theft
That’s already happened and the members are up in vote whether to prosecute or try and recoupe a payment . 10k is just the start for what is missing. I need advise to possibly separate or what my options will be.. this is an ongoing case and everyone is pissed off.

I’m a member of an HOA that the financial treasurer has stolen an untold amount of finances away from HOA community. What if any legal recourse Do I have other than selling and moving. I have no confidence that this will be handled correctly.. please advise
Propose to the council that an audit is done, and put it to a vote!..they will eat him up

prosecute or try and recoupe a payment

Someone embezzled funds.

The appropriate response could be "Repay the whole sum or we shall call the police" following the audit. This is a criminal case, not a civil one.

Strictly speaking, whether she returns the funds or not, she has committed a crime. The appropriate recourse would be to call the police either way.

The 'deal' you would be cutting her would be to not call the police, for which she should be very grateful. If she can't take advantage of this generous deal because she has spent the money, that's her problem.

Regardless of any vote, you can call the police, press charges and sue. Any single person affected by a theft can demand recourse regardless of what the “council” or board, or whatever, votes to do. Tell them you’re going to follow through anyway, no matter what they vote to do. Maybe that will light a fire under their butts.

Back
Top Bottom