• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about prints and pics

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
So from what I've always understood about 41F was that you only had to submit pictures and prints once every so many years. So if I did Form 1 this month and submitted the required documentation then I wouldn't have to submit that stuff again if I went and brought a suppressor. Is this not the case? I've seen posts about people that either got multiple fingerprint cards or silencershop can mail you fingerprint cards for $6 etc but you shouldn't need to do that every time you file for something. Is this not the case?

To be honest I'm not positive but I think the creator or head Trustee has to fill them out every time I would imagine same would apply to individual. The other out could be kiosk and barcode because it would all be on file there they just print and send for each purchase I think.

To be honest I'm not positive but I think the creator or head Trustee has to fill them out every time I would imagine same would apply to individual. The other out could be kiosk and barcode because it would all be on file there they just print and send for each purchase I think.

I just went back and read the instructions on the Form 1 I printed out and you're right. It says #7 - The responsible person shall submit, in duplicate with the ATF copy of this form, his or her fingerprints on FBI Form FD-258. Well that sucks the big donkey dong. Glad I'm on the only responsible person on my trust now. My wife would have a cow if she had to do that every time I brought something.

I just went back and read the instructions on the Form 1 I printed out and you're right. It says #7 - The responsible person shall submit, in duplicate with the ATF copy of this form, his or her fingerprints on FBI Form FD-258. Well that sucks the big donkey dong. Glad I'm on the only responsible person on my trust now. My wife would have a cow if she had to do that every time I brought something.

Yes it's a big inconvenience but when that stamp arrives it's all forgotten and ready to do it again haha

Are you looking at AAC 762SDN6 or ....

Yes it's a big inconvenience but when that stamp arrives it's all forgotten and ready to do it again haha

Are you looking at AAC 762SDN6 or ....

Yea I already brought the AAC SDN-6 and got an email from Capitol Armory today that said they sent off the Form 3. That said I also have a PDW lower I need to Form 1. I was thinking that if I file for the Form 4 for the suppressor I shouldn't need to go through the prints and pics again for the Form 1. I dont know how much prints cost but I know they aren't free. Might be worth it for me to just go through the SS kiosk and have them mail me a couple copies of the prints.

Yea I already brought the AAC SDN-6 and got an email from Capitol Armory today that said they sent off the Form 3. That said I also have a PDW lower I need to Form 1. I was thinking that if I file for the Form 4 for the suppressor I shouldn't need to go through the prints and pics again for the Form 1. I dont know how much prints cost but I know they aren't free. Might be worth it for me to just go through the SS kiosk and have them mail me a couple copies of the prints.

That was a great buy and deal. If you're thinking about another one it may be better in the long run to pay the extra $ get entered in the kiosk 1 time and done.

You gotta submit pics for every item you just can use the "same" pictures and prints for a year. After the year you gotta get printed again and pictures again. I get several sets now to use throughout the year, a year is about up for my current set, will be going to get updated pics taken upon next NFA purchase. That's how I understood it

You gotta submit pics for every item you just can use the "same" pictures and prints for a year. After the year you gotta get printed again and pictures again. I get several sets now to use throughout the year, a year is about up for my current set, will be going to get updated pics taken upon next NFA purchase. That's how I understood it

So you just get them printed out? You don't use the kiosk? Where do you go and how much are they per card?

That was a great buy and deal. If you're thinking about another one it may be better in the long run to pay the extra $ get entered in the kiosk 1 time and done.

Yeah I wanted something different but couldn't ignore that price. Second time that's happened and I ended up with a AAC can. I love all of mine though

So you just get them printed out? You don't use the kiosk? Where do you go and how much are they per card?
My routine -

Form 4

• Find NFA item locally
  • Go to Local PD and request to have several (I usually get 6 cards they can print multiples) finger print cards printed. It takes a bit but has yet to cost me a penny, but your jurisdiction might charge.
  • On my way back to store I stop at any drug store; rite aide, Walgreen, CVS etc and get the same amount of passport photos as I have finger print cards. They take them against a white background, cut them to proper dimensions and give them to you in a nice little envelope. The prices vary and I can't remember exactly which place was cheapest. Maybe call around?
  • Personally I also stop by the Post Office and grab a 200.00 money order. The mail has yet to lose one, and the BATFE has yet to not cash one. Most people use a personal check so they can see the date it's cashed and start countdown but I use USPS MOs
  • Go to LGS with 2 copies of finger prints, 2 passport sized photos, and my MO Pay for item in full and present the stuff and start filling out the paper work.
On form 1s same exact process but I go to BATFE website and print out the fillable form 1. Get all my measurements correct and really take my time to fill it out well. Double check for mistakes (I usually find one or two) then I go and transfer it to the computer fillable PDF and make it all pretty and print it out then glue stick my pics on 2 copies and paper clip a finger print card to each.

You don't need to fill out on a doublesided sheet anymore, you can use multiple sheets now too.

I know you've done this before but figured I'd throw it out there for anyone else who needed help

I don't submit the CLEO notification

Back
Top Bottom