• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for coin collectors/ silver experts

Trauma/ER Murse

EMT Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Frontiersman
194   0
Reaction score
I acquired s couple hundred Morgan and Peace silver dollars and was curious to their approximate worth. They have been sitting in one of my safes for a few years and I have absolutely no interest in collecting coins. I also inherited several one ounce silver coins but those are much easier to find a value on.
Some of the Morgans are in rough shape but the majority of the Peace dollars are in excellent condition. What would be a fair price to ask as a flat rate to sell them all?
I would much prefer to own a few more firearms and several thousand more rounds of ammo when the economy collapses than silver coins.
I realize that there are numerous coin collectors on ODT, and I was hoping that they could give me an idea of how to convert my unwanted coins into firearms and ammunition.

Attachments

• 20170713_185556.jpg
    20170713_185556.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 20170713_184651.jpg
    20170713_184651.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 20160921_164048.jpg
    20160921_164048.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 74
Melt on Morgans and Peace dollars right now is $12.09. If you have any better dates they could be worth more. I would not accept less than 95% of melt on these from a dealer, but someone on here will pay spot I am sure. If I were you and you do not need the cash, wait to get rid of them later this year because they will be worth more money. Coinflation.com will give you the melt value when you need to check the worth later in the year.

I don't need the cash. I own my house, both cars, have no debt, and I have a very good paying, secure job. I just have no interest in coins and would prefer to convert them into more firearms that I don't really need but want.
It seems pretty stupid to melt history and collectables for silver when there is plenty of bullion floating around. I would prefer to just let them sit in the safe and collect dust for a few more years before selling them to be melted.

That's your best bet if you don't want to learn how to grade them or estimate their values as coins rather than only the intrinsic value of the metal. A dealer isn't going to tell you what they are actually worth and pay you market price. Never will happen.

Price them using the links above and then post them. I am interested in them, if you decide to trade or sell.
PS. Nate and palmettomoon are right. Melt value is silver value. Calculate how much silver they have, price them at spot or a bit above and sell them to me :-)

I don't need the cash. I own my house, both cars, have no debt, and I have a very good paying, secure job. I just have no interest in coins and would prefer to convert them into more firearms that I don't really need but want.
It seems pretty stupid to melt history and collectables for silver when there is plenty of bullion floating around. I would prefer to just let them sit in the safe and collect dust for a few more years before selling them to be melted.
I don't think he is saying to melt them. He is saying that is the value as if they were going to be melted i.e. the rock bottom value. But I really don't know what im talking about haha

Back
Top Bottom