• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for fanboys and mall ninjas

Why can't you have and enjoy both utilitarian "tool" guns and collectible guns? It's almost like it's an either/or or nothing philosophy. I have and like both. I have and carry a Glock. I have and look at S&W revolvers. I have home built ARs and an heirloom shotgun. It's okay to have them all and enjoy them.

Why can't you have and enjoy both utilitarian "tool" guns and collectible guns? It's almost like it's an either/or or nothing philosophy. I have and like both. I have and carry a Glock. I have and look at S&W revolvers. I have home built ARs and an heirloom shotgun. It's okay to have them all and enjoy them.

amen brother, the world is grey, not black and white.

I feel as if heirlooms are a thing of the past, and i especially feel the values of the younger generation are rapidly changing. I dont think people will care much about hand me down stuff. The latest and greatest is the way of the future.
Unfortunately you may be right. Each generation seems to be more materialistic than the last .

Here's a thought. In a couple of generations, those glocks maybe scarce. Think about what is being taught about firearms now. I used to play with toy guns when I was a kid. You don't see kids doing that much now

I've got items that I own that belonged to my Grandfather than ain't worth squat, but they are priceless to me in terms of sentimental value. I wouldn't trade a 100 year old, highly engraved, German drilling for his busted up, doesn't run, Masonic temple watch. To me, that's an heirloom.
Word! I have a 1882 S&W 32 top break nickle coated with pearl grips. It's only worty 325 if that. I would hate to have to seperate with it.

Back
Top Bottom