• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for LEOs and advocates

captdave77

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The ODT's official HVAC guy
109   0
Reaction score
There have been many videos posted showing citizens exercising their rights during an encounter with the police, but they always come off as douche bags. How does one exercise his rights and avoid becoming a douche bag?

You can't. Advocates will always consider anyone who tries to stand up to the law an idiot, or douchebag. My problem with cops is which of them do you trust? I have seen with my own eyes, cops off duty at clubs rolling on X, smoking pot, taking bribes from bars, drinking and driving, and blocking roads off of Fulton Industrial for drag racing. I've seen so many bad ones I just don't trust any of them, except for a few of them I know personally are good.

You can't. Advocates will always consider anyone who tries to stand up to the law an idiot, or douchebag. My problem with cops is which of them do you trust? I have seen with my own eyes, cops off duty at clubs rolling on X, smoking pot, taking bribes from bars, drinking and driving, and blocking roads off of Fulton Industrial for drag racing. I've seen so many bad ones I just don't trust any of them, except for a few of them I know personally are good.

If this is true that's pretty ****ed up.

My experience with law enforcement has always been positive. When I was pulled over for speeding, I took my medicine and paid the ticket. I keep seeing these rights advocates on youtube but I can't see me being that big of a douche.

My experience with law enforcement has always been positive. When I was pulled over for speeding, I took my medicine and paid the ticket. I keep seeing these rights advocates on youtube but I can't see me being that big of a douche.

I agree. I have had one asshole cop in Mableton give me a ticket for 60 in a 45 when I just pulled out of a gas station 150 ft before he pulled me over. I said **** it and paid anyways. Other than that I've never had a bad experience. I was just giving examples of activities I've personally seen cops doing while out at the bars playing music and during my younger racing days.

If you drive around hunting a problem you eventually find it. Broke clock is right twice a day.

Difference is you probably don't have a video camera running just to eventually have a dust up. What about the dozens of stops that were fruitless, or LEO conducted themselves as professional versed on the laws? Heck, no... Lets plaster this red herring that's not the norm.

Case in point. I had a guy back in 04-05 that was walking down Ga3 (Hwy 41) carrying an SKS and open carrying a revolver. It was hot as hades, so I rolled up behind him and asked him could I speak with him. Asked if he would like a ride (gave me a reason to talk) and at no time detain him. Guy had broke down, and was afraid to leave the rifle in the vehicle while he walked to a friends house. Was I intrusive? Slightly... Asked him where he was heading and why the rifle. Got a reasonable answer, and he got a free ride with A/C.

I agree. I have had one asshole cop in Mableton give me a ticket for 60 in a 45 when I just pulled out of a gas station 150 ft before he pulled me over. I said **** it and paid anyways. Other than that I've never had a bad experience. I was just giving examples of activities I've personally seen cops doing while out at the bars playing music and during my younger racing days.

Have you reported their alleged activity to their Infernal Repairs? (Internal Affairs)

Is that cop an asshole cause he gave you a ticket.?

Back
Top Bottom