• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for LEOs and advocates

My main issue with this is it sounds like you are putting all cops in this same category. I was never a officer but I worked close with many police officers and deputy sheriffs and most of them I had the privilege to work with were awesome people. Honestly if you have a problem with the way they work join the force and treat people differently then the way they have treated you work your way up the ranks and change policy if you really hate it so much

No where in any of my posts did I say I thought ALL cops are assholes. Read my post above this one and it explains my stance on the subject much better.

That is the line so hard to walk. By nature, I want to comply because I was raised right and the police man is the good guy. I also understand our conversation has larger repercussions.

I learned from my years of letting them talk, to STFU now that I am no longer on the job. In Georgia all you are required BY LAW to do is produce license upon request when operating a motor vehicle.

Thats it.

I have multiple LEOs in my family, and I have many more friends who are LEOs. But, I have had my fair share of run-ins with non-friendly douche bag cops. I have no problem with law enforcement officers, or any law enforcement officials really. However, I do know my rights, and will not consent to needless searches, multiple sobriety tests, or anything unnecessary by law. In my world, all cops are friendlies, until proven otherwise. Then, if the guy/girl wants to be a douche, I will be happy to request the presence of his supervisor.

If this is true that's pretty ****ed up.

It is 100% true, every example I gave I seen with my own 2 eyes.

Not to start a crap fest, but if you see this kind if behavior why not report it to IA or their superiors? If you see it an do nothing about it you are as much of a problem as they are. You report it problem gets solved and your the cure. I say all this and I am a LEO. if your bot going to do anything about besides complain, then what good are you? Either do something about it or you really have no room to complain. JMHO

You can't. Advocates will always consider anyone who tries to stand up to the law an idiot, or douchebag. My problem with cops is which of them do you trust? I have seen with my own eyes, cops off duty at clubs rolling on X, smoking pot, taking bribes from bars, drinking and driving, and blocking roads off of Fulton Industrial for drag racing. I've seen so many bad ones I just don't trust any of them, except for a few of them I know personally are good.
Why are you hanging out at places where X and pot are being used? How would you know it was bribes unless you were involved ? Drinking and driving is not against the law....only driving under the influence is.

Last edited:
My main issue with this is it sounds like you are putting all cops in this same category. I was never a officer but I worked close with many police officers and deputy sheriffs and most of them I had the privilege to work with were awesome people. Honestly if you have a problem with the way they work join the force and treat people differently then the way they have treated you work your way up the ranks and change policy if you really hate it so much

i put most of them in the same category as i would any other government employee

im not gonna be nice to a ticket cricket (a cop whose sole purpose is issuing tickets, otherwise known as a shake down if you ask me)

i put most of them in the same category as i would any other government employee

im not gonna be nice to a ticket cricket (a cop whose sole purpose is issuing tickets, otherwise known as a shake down if you ask me)

What category do you put government employees in?

What category do you put government employees in?

someone who works for the government, meaning im not going to treat them any differently than i would a DMV worker

ill be respectful like i would to anyone else (as is warranted), but doesnt mean i have to like their job

someone who works for the government, meaning im not going to treat them any differently than i would a DMV worker

ill be respectful like i would to anyone else (as is warranted), but doesnt mean i have to like their job

This
matthew-diffee-atilla-the-dmv-employee-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

is the same as this?
800px-thumbnail.jpg

Back
Top Bottom