• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question in Trade etiquette ..

kingsix

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
14   0
Reaction score
Here's how this trade has panned out so far .. I contacted a member on here last week about an item he had up for sale. offered a trade, he wasn't interested. I told him I'd be back with cash before the end of the week.. we've all heard it a million times and I'm sure he filed it under bull****.. Anyway, I shuffle a few things, get the cash, make the offer, offer is accepted and since it's not a "firearm" and the distance between us more than an hour we agreed shipping would be the best course. I ask for his email, he gives it, then texts back an hour or so later "oops I gave you the wrong email" ok, no harm no foul, haven't made the transaction yet. So by the time I get home, fed, chilled out, it's 8PM. I text the guy again.. "Hey, just wanted to make sure this latest email address is good, making the transaction now" .. and as I'm entering in the email address, paypal is telling me "there's no paypal account associated with the email entered" .. Yes I double checked the email address, cut and pasted it to be sure, nothing. No reply from the text I'd sent.. tried 2x times today to call and 2 more text... nothing so should I pretty much assume this guy boned me or give it till Monday before passing judgement or leaving bad feedback ??

By him giving his e-mail to accept a PP payment whether it wrong on purpose or not, he's still accepting payment. Bad feedback for sure, but give him a day or so, sometimes "stuff" happens and depending on the situation he may deserve a pass.

Wait till Monday...ya never know. Maybe he got called into work and can't access the ODT, or maybe he had a personal issue that has him pre-occupied. Stuff happens sometimes.

Why would you leave bad feedback? What are you out?

Hmmm I'm out the fact that I made a deal with the and he backed out of it without having the balls to tell me .. and that he was willing to let me send him money .. if you like doing business with people like that then rock on bro ..

Back
Top Bottom