• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question in Trade etiquette ..

This too. You gotta have that PM trail. I often make deals through phone calls or text's but I always finalize a deal through PM by explaining the terms that were set on the phone. This gives the buyer, seller or trader one last chance to either break away from the deal for finalize and commit. If a seller, buyer or trader commits and doesn't follow through I will leave negative feedback.

Yup learned this lesson the hard way last week. I made an offer for an AR15 from a member here and he accepted. We finalized the price, place of meeting and time through the phone (but not thru PM). He calls me me back one day later to say deal is off and he was offered a better price by someone else. Should have known since he has little to no feedback. Next time I will do everything thru PM.

oh and yeah .. I did sell a gun that I kinda liked in order to finance this transaction.. he knew this , was fully aware of it .. that to me is dirty pool .. but maybe that's how you do business ...
( and I'm not saying it's his fault I sold the gun.. but it is his fault I'm out BOTH items now ..
I have said this before. The statement "you aren't out anything" is not true. If the deal was set and they backed out then negative feedback. I like doing trades on here so I make sure to do my deals right. If they aren't serious then they should be shunned.

Back
Top Bottom