• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

questions for you OTF knife experts

Why are the serrations a must? (Just asking no sarcasm)

Outside of opening letters and boxes, the next most common use for my carry knife for is cutting rope, paracord and zip ties. I have a lot of stuff like that around my house especially hay rope. I or I should say my wife and daughters have horses and the kids love using the hay rope to make forts, traps, tie random stuff together and leave it in the yard for me to run over with the mower.

My son likes serrations because they look cool.

I've looked and couldn't find one with serrations so I made an offer on that scarab, we'll see how that goes.

Outside of opening letters and boxes, the next most common use for my carry knife for is cutting rope, paracord and zip ties. I have a lot of stuff like that around my house especially hay rope. I or I should say my wife and daughters have horses and the kids love using the hay rope to make forts, traps, tie random stuff together and leave it in the yard for me to run over with the mower.

I've looked and couldn't find one with serrations so I made an offer on that scarab, we'll see how that goes.

Hey bud your in Newnan and its for your son's Christmas,so offer excepted..Enjoy!!

Roger that! Thank God you bought that knife....I was holding out as long as I could

Are those Raven Crest Knives not the same as the microtech knockoffs they sell on aliexpress and DHGate? Anyone bought one?

No. Not the same thing. Knock offs generally made is Asian nations and are low cost materials.

That said, I've owned a dozen of the Lightning knives. I've used the hell out of them, gifted them, etc. At $35 each, they are users.
Not competing with MT at that price point

My RavenCrest knife has been very dependable, holds its edge and I know it has a lifetime warrantee.

How that can be argued with, I don't have a clue.

Back
Top Bottom